Say an Extra Prayer Please.....

Old 01-07-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Say an Extra Prayer Please.....

Two years ago, my XAH's mother passed away. This is what really started up his serious drinking again. Right after his mother passed, that weekend, he sang at a funeral service for a 10 year old boy who passed that goes to our church. It was as broken as I have ever seen him be, an awful time.

He has not sang at a funeral since. This week, a sweet man we go to church with passed. He left in his arrangements for my XAH to please sing, and listed the three songs he wishes for him to sing. So my XAH agree to do it. Well, he brought my daughter's home this morning and let me know his grandmother passed away this morning. He said, "it's just like last time."

This was my family for a long time, so of course I just hate that she passed. However, that is not why I write today. My concern is for my DD's. They are to stay w/him Thurs and Friday. It looks like services will likely be Friday night and Saturday during the day. That is a long time of them being with him. And I am very scared he will hit the bottle, and they will be too scared to tell me b/c they will feel sorry for him.

The good thing is that his sister and their girls will be around, and my DD's will likely stick pretty close to their cousins who drive on their own.

Please if you are someone who prays, say an extra prayer for my girls, for their safety and wellbeing during this awful time for their father.

Thank you.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Father in Heaven hear our prayers.. for this Dear Man and his Family and those that love him need your help so much.. Look down on him and help him find the path that has great light and support in his life to stop this path of darkness he treads.. for Life with out friends and family is a poorer life of sorrow and pain.. Help this Lady that in her heart cares so much for this Man of flesh and blood she would reach out to the void for a hand to help lift her message up.. We ask this Please in the Name of the Father and The Son and the Holy Ghost.. just ardy...
Old 01-07-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending lots of prayers & positive thoughts for your girls Hopeful. They are smart kids, I have faith that they will navigate pretty well through this difficult time.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You got it.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopeful4, I am so sorry for the loss of his grandmother. I shall keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
I was thinking however, it may be a good thing for him to have his daughters around him right now.. they are young and full of life and they are probably a comfort to him, as our children are so much our hearts. It is good too that there will be other family there to watch over them.

Prayers going up for all who need them. (((hopeful4)))
chicory
Old 01-07-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So sorry for your family's loss of their Grandmother. Nothing can replace the love of a Grandmother. I will say a prayer for all of you today!!
(((((((((hugs))))))))
Old 01-07-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending prayer from youe Exah and your girls that he will be able to manage his sadness and grief without turning to the bottle
Old 01-07-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Praying for your girls, hopeful. They are smart and yes, at least there will be other family around to soften the fact that they are with their dad for a while. Honestly, I will pray for your X too. I'm sure he is hurting and struggling and that he needs prayer to lighten his load, as well. HUGS!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Praying!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Will pray.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Done. (((((hugs)))))
Old 01-08-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. The wake is tomorrow night and funeral Saturday. They are also staying w/him tonight. I appreciate you all and your prayers so very much.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Thank you all so much. The wake is tomorrow night and funeral Saturday. They are also staying w/him tonight. I appreciate you all and your prayers so very much.
((hopeful4))

Thinking of you.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Prayers for all of you, Hopeful.

Ardy, what a beautiful prayer.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thinking of you.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So sorry for the pain everyone is going through right now. I will be thinking about you guys and hoping your girls don't get too stuck in the middle of all of it.

hugs to you
Old 01-08-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hi have to ask this is the orginal GrandDad for the girls of yours, ? maybe your xhubby will see a new light.. thro the fact he needs to be there for them... prayers from a billion stars in the sky ..on this dark path they must go.. ardy..
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This is my girls Grandmother that passed, the grandmother of my X husband. We were divorced last year. While I would love to think that he would think he needs to be there for our girls, that will not be the case. In times of great stress, he reverts back to a child himself. He is very needy and very dependent on everyone else. And an alcoholic. Not a good mix.

Thank you Ardy, I so appreciate you and your prayers. I don't minimize the power of prayer, ever.