reacting instead of responding - and BREATHING :)

Old 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reacting instead of responding - and BREATHING :)

I'm tired. It's been a long yet good day. Not enough sleep. Not back on my supplements yet, cleaned up dog vomit last night, doing chores tonight and trying to complete them before DS8 wakes up from a nap, etc.

My husband is gone for a few weeks (halfway through this time frame now), haven't talked to him in several days and talking with him tonight I was reacting to how things have been in the past instead of responding logically to the moment at hand. Then when I'm not dealing well, it became hard for him to talk to me. Understandably so.

I want to turn things around with me. Too often exhausted and overwhelmed. I bounce back quickly, but tired of this back and forth. Car is in for repair (hit a deer some time ago), my supplements are in the trunk and I keep thinking I can wait until it's fixed. Should be ready Friday, but from the progress of the photos they've posted of it, I'm having doubts.

A baby shower this Saturday for someone very dear to me. I'm illogically scared of someone who will be there, plus little to no money for a gift.

I will soon balance out again. Any words of wisdom?

On the plus side, back at work today after the holidays and I did really well. Finding confidence and feel very much in my element. Can see where I need to improve and working on that.

Yikes... I'm expecting a lot from myself. Only wrote down the tip of the iceburg. Maybe it's perfectly normal to have a breakdown once in a while and revert to old habits. I've found a bit of blessings in my low energy this past week in that I don't need to get more done. That it's okay to slow down, breath and wait.

It's almost warm out tonight. Going to kick off my boots and go out barefoot to meditate and pray. Still need to make a late dinner, but first things first.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I seem to always expect a lot from myself and demand more when I fail. Just be careful with this!

I felt the same way (illogical) when I spoke with my AH on the phone. I am so angry and overwhelmed right now that it's just flying out of my mouth. I love this about NOT reacting. I need to breath. Sounds like you do too.

Keep listening to klove and Air1. I LOVE how much it brings me up. God is looking out for us. I have to remember and have been getting better and contacting God everyday when I wake up and multiple times throughout the day.

I can also relate with the money thing...it just sucks. Plain and simple. But also the thing that I think about all the time is that, I was so poor growing up. Things really aren't that bad and I have love in my heart...that's all God really wants from me right now and anything else is just a distraction. I know..money would great. But we don't have it, can't control it, and can't change it (at least not now).

Also can relate with the dog vomit... I have a 8 month old pure bred bloodhound...chews EVERYTHING!.....then throws it up. Ugh....

We have so much in common right now.

Just remember God is with you. Just reach for Him and He will meet you the rest of the way.

Cheer up friend, you are in GOOD HANDS!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm hearing you both...a little perfectionism? I suffer from that too. It can really shut me down -- crazy. Before working on my unbeknownst to me codependency, I don't think I would have thought myself to be a perfectionist, but lo and behold!

I'm glad you get to feel some grass between your toes -- enjoy the moment and breathe it in -- I also hope you can enjoy some stars too... You really do sound pretty good even if you don't think so! hugs