attended a different meeting

Old 01-04-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

attended a different meeting

It's been quite a while since I made time to attend a meeting. I found one with babysitting and went yesterday morning, in spite of it being over an hour away and not good roads. It was right where I needed to be. A different feel than the other meetings I've gone to. Nothing wrong with the other ones, but I really like it here.

Although I can't afford this right now (financially), I also can't afford not to.

I like winter, yet it's usually the hardest time for me. Working on that. Planning for a good winter. One day at a time and spring will come!
Old 01-04-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Good for YOU!

And the kiddo (I call Alanon the Good Daddy Club -- because it helps make me a better Dad).
Old 01-04-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found the meeting to your liking. I've had the same experience, I like all the meetings i have been too, but there's one that just "fits" in ways I cannot explain.

Good for you making the extra effort for _your_ recovery.

Mike
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
It's been quite a while since I made time to attend a meeting. I found one with babysitting and went yesterday morning, in spite of it being over an hour away and not good roads. It was right where I needed to be. A different feel than the other meetings I've gone to. Nothing wrong with the other ones, but I really like it here.

Although I can't afford this right now (financially), I also can't afford not to.

I like winter, yet it's usually the hardest time for me. Working on that. Planning for a good winter. One day at a time and spring will come!
Thanks for this encouragement about winter. It is also difficult for me. I truly am a sun worshiper! Winters just feel...ugh to me. And the warmer states have too many people for me.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you did that and you found it to be positive!

I hope you're enjoying some wooly socks and a quilt on this cold night, I know I am! It's a good time to start planning your garden if you like that sort of thing.