SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Remind me, please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/355482-remind-me-please.html)

Bernadette777 01-03-2015 11:14 PM

Remind me, please

Happy New Year SR Family,
I Pray for all everyday, please remind me that A behavior is progressive. Thank you, Bernadette 777 xo

SeriousKarma 01-03-2015 11:24 PM

Hi Bernie!!!

Happy New Year to you too!

Yes. It's progressive.

Now, where is this question coming from?

Bernadette777 01-03-2015 11:59 PM

Hi Seri!
Thank you, big hugs! No where really, it's just every once in a while, I need to remind myself. Thank you for doing that for me my friend!

NWGRITS 01-04-2015 01:55 AM

It's definitely progressive. I watched my successful AM swan dive into financial ruin, losing all of her family, and she's still drinking. It's been 40+ years since she started, and the wheels started coming off in my early 20s. So, 10-ish years ago.

tootsl1 01-04-2015 02:20 AM

Married it then became it. Yup it sure is progressive. Only way out is OUT Just kick the darn stuff into touch and realise life can be fun sober. Coz it can be.

Mountainmanbob 01-04-2015 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bernadette777 (Post 5115640)

please remind me that A behavior is progressive

it don't get better unless they stop drinking
this is coming from a recovered drunk
my wife would also agree

MM

Bernadette777 01-04-2015 04:01 AM

Thank you Seri, NWGRITS, Toots/1 & MM, I greatly appreciate your wisdom & time for your responses. Thank you for your honesty. Much love, hugs (((()))) Bernadette 777

OklaBH 01-04-2015 04:12 AM

very progressive. mine escalated over an 11 year period and I relapsed several times in the last 4 years. Lost jobs, drained back accounts, hospital stays, I thank God everyday he saved me from myself.

Hammer 01-04-2015 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bernadette777 (Post 5115640)
Happy New Year SR Family,
I Pray for all everyday, please remind me that A behavior is progressive. Thank you, Bernadette 777 xo

Happy New Year to you, too.

Thanks for the prayers.

But no, I would prefer to remind you, us, others, me . . . .

THAT the Friends and Family Side -- when it comes to Getting Better -- For/about us -- THAT for US Getting Better, things can be Progressive, too.

It is a choice, but WE can get progressively better.

That is where I am aiming my bicycle (our 7 year old has been practicing), yunno, you go where you are looking.

So for a New Year heading -- I am selecting:

Watching MY Lane.
Working MY Program.
Staying Prayed Up.
Making sure the kids are covered and loved.
Not being a part of OPP. (other people's problems)

The A's Mileage May Vary. Progressive or Not. Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Bernadette777 01-04-2015 09:10 AM

Thank you Okla..& Thank you Hammer, thank both for showing both sides of the coin to me. I understand and I'm blessed to have Friends like you guys. My best to you both. I like the"not my circus not my monkeys" will use that ! Much thanks & hugs! Bernadette 777

BunnyNest 01-04-2015 09:25 AM

And once it hits a certain "tipping point," it snowballs and goes very fast. It is so awful.

That goes for both sides of the street.

Impurrfect 01-04-2015 09:34 AM

Yes, addiction is progressive, as can be codependency. Been on both side of the fence, and "not my circus, not my monkeys" works well for both:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy