I need to vent.... I give up.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all... I needed this post tonight. I am home when I am supposed to be at an Al Anon meeting. I am home b/c my 11 year old son had a meltdown about leaving tonight. He's had behavioral issues since he was a toddler so I'm really hoping that theory about difficult toddlers being easy teens holds true. But he's in a pre-pubescent irritable stage and pretty much to get him to do anything I have to either start early enough so that by the time his tantrum is over we still have time to go (I didn't get the timing right tonight) or essentially bribe him. I've tried charts and reward systems, blah blah.

Tonight I admit I lost my marbles and gave up. I was so tired of having to argue with him about going anywhere that isn't "for him". I am going to look into that Love and Logic info b/c something's got to give. I've essentially single parented him since he was 2. My current ex came in the picture when he was 6, but as she is an A, she was mentally checked out for most of that time, and when she got sober she was ramrod dictatorial with him (which has never been a successful technique for him). But here I am single parenting again, and feeling resentful that my ex has freedom to go to meetings and doesn't have to deal with what I do. Sometimes I want to call her and say "i'm dropping him off; for the next 30 days he's yours".

I too am having one of those nights where I'm exhausted being the solo parent.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have a soon to be 21 and 22 year old daughters.

Sorry ladies, I am past all the drama.

As they say in alanon....

this to shall pass!!!!! It does get better I promise!!