I have moved on

Old 01-02-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have moved on

Haven't been on here much, but I do still read posts when I have time. I just wanted to update what's been going on and hopefully help those that are still struggling. I broke up with ABF almost 4 months ago. I went into a depression after, but went to counseling & al anon. I worked really hard on myself & continue to. Finally, the depression has lifted and I'm happy!! He continues to want to get back together, but I will not go back. We work in the same building, so no contact isn't possible. He is still drinking. But his drinking no longer consumes me. I spend time with my friends & family, work out & really am enjoying life. Several people have commented on how happy & relaxed I look now. I didn't realize how much of a toll he took on me. I was so depressed I didn't think I would ever recover. It really scared me. Not only did I recover, I'm happier than I have been in a long time. I have learned so much about myself & know I will never end up in that type of relationship again. To all of you struggling with a recent break up, it is possible to heal, move on and be happy. Please, stay strong & work on yourself. You deserve better. I was so caught up in him I didn't know where he ended & I began. All of that is behind me now. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. And it's worth fighting for yourself to get there.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good girl!!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WOW! What an awesome and inspiring post, thank you! Many blessings to you in this new year :-)
Old 01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That makes me feel a lot better, knowing that there is hope. I recently broke up with my ABF, and I feel that I am still learning where to sever the ties between where he ends and I begin.

Thank you for the inspirational message.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh that is so inspiring! I am in the process of breaking up with him. I am foolishly still caught in texting and saying "I love you". We haven't had any horrible breaking point. I have just realized that this isn't what I want is all, even though this man has my heart. I am so glad to hear that others are proving that there is a better life waiting and that I can get there too! YAY! Good for you! Thanx for this post!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh so thankful for your post. Going through a no contact separation from my exabf very soon! I am so happy for your happiness and peace! And I look forward to the same in time. Thanks again!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pia

His drinking no longer consumes me.

How happy this makes me to read. Sending you a virtual hug!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!

I am so thankful that there is hope and new beginnings. I can't wait for the day when there is no worries on my mind.

Looking forward to brighter days