new year! OT - BF

Old 01-02-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new year! OT - BF

So I've been seeing someone.

He's not an alcoholic! He's not stranger to the disease, his mother is one. He lives with her right now, he's in the same point in his life as I am (both have kids, saving money by living with mom, etc.).

We went out on new years eve. We did have some drinks, but neither one of us took it to extremes, we enjoyed our selves.

and I didn't wake up hating myself. When I was with exabf, even if I didn't drink but we did something together, I would always wake up full of regret, wondering what he was going to say I did wrong.

This weekend I don't have DD so we have rented a hotel room out his way (we live an hour apart). You know what the best part is? we are both just excited to get to stay in together. it has a little kitchenette in it, so we are planning on cooking dinner together and watching a movie.

I just had to share this because when you are in a relationship with an A, all you can think about is what they are doing, when the next shoe is going to drop, and how light you can walk on those eggshells. I was always worrying. Not to say I never worry now, I always have a fear in my gut when ex has dd, and the whole situation with him. But it is such a nice feeling to not have that same worry with someone else too.

I hope everyone had a happy new year's eve!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Blossom, I am happy to hear that you sound happy!!!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAAYY...good for you!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So happy I saw your message this morning. I'm 4 days from breaking up with my AExBF and the worrying is still there. Literally so exhausted from it.

I'm so glad there is hope that you can move on and find someone else and NOT WORRY. It's going to feel so much lighter.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

when you are in a relationship with an A, all you can think about is what they are doing, when the next shoe is going to drop, and how light you can walk on those eggshells.
Amen. I put in 20 years of that, and I still have not completely gotten out of the habit. It's lovely to be able to relax with another person, isn't it?