New Year, new me?

Old 01-03-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Holly!

I am SO thankful you did not move in with this A! Your family must be on their KNEES in thankfulness!

Your A is right, you'd try controlling his drinking and it would have been a little home full of strife and resentment.

Personally I'm not into Al Anon meetings. I go sporadically, I have a sponsor who I am working the steps with, but like you I prefer more of a conversation. Try a few meetings if you can. If you can, try therapy. I found that exceedingly helpful. But the focus pretty quickly was on ME. I also hang here on SR. I also looked at MY life and started doing things for ME.

Oh, worrying about him. Well I carried the Serenity Prayer with me on paper, even though I've memorized it years ago. Every time I was getting overly anxious over the drama, I'd stop and read that prayer. My old tag line which I stole from here helped me a ton too - Worrying is like praying for what you don't want.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just wanted to give everyone a little update...

Went out with friends for the first time last night since the break up. Went to a bar to watch football... Felt like a huge relief not counting my EXABF's beers, not babysitting him, making sure he was not embarrassing me, and lastly getting him safely home.

Feel a little sad today, but that is expected in any break up.

Great to feel a little freedom and relief though last night