Backstory and quick question

Old 12-26-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

4 months totally relapsed. Sneaking and lying. Hiding alcohol. Totally back to where we were a year ago. Made for another great Christmas!

You know we had some good times this year. Sober, working toward common goals, just enjoying our time together.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear this, Nero. Are you taking care of yourself?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sorry Nero--sounds like she just isn't done drinking yet.
How are you?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Ditto from me--sorry it's gone this way.

You said you had a question?
Old 12-27-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sorry, Nero.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see how old this thread is--the "quick question" was from your first post.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support.

I'm doing great! Well, as good as can be expected. I realized a while ago that it's not my problem and I keep busy with things that make me happy, while she drinks and sleeps away her spare time.

New Interesting development: We work for the same company and I think (who am i kidding) I know, shes been drinking at work. I'm just counting the days until she gets caught. Since alcoholism is ADA protected and her boss already knows she has drinking problems (since the blow-up last Christmas) I expect they'll make her go back to AA or treatment. And we all know how successful that can be! lol
Old 01-05-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi Nero,

Sorry it's still ongoing. Are you going to Alanon or getting other in person support for yourself? It's been incredibly helpful to me. May 2016 be a good year for you, no matter what is going on with your wife.

Miracles do happen. I see them daily. Yet this is a very counter-intuitive disease and my brain is dangerous on it's own!

Ktf
Old 01-05-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
Hi Nero,

Sorry it's still ongoing. Are you going to Alanon or getting other in person support for yourself?
It sounds cliché, but I get my support online. I feel like, emotionally, I'm in a pretty good place right now. I've learned so much since I've started coming here and reading other peoples perspectives. I spent so much time and energy trying to control and fix everything for so many years. It's a relief now to just let it go.

As far as divorce is concerned (I know some may be curious about that since it's been a big part of the thread). It's naturally back on the table. But there is no violence or anger in our household. No children are involved. I just have a high functioning alcoholic wife who sleeps alot. My anger and control was what was pushing me to divorce in the first place. How dare she keep drinking, I'll show her!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Nero I'm sorry it's such a roller coaster ride. My x and i weren't married...no kids....no violence...LOTS of anger on my part. I stayed for a long time thinking: well there's no kids that it's affecting, and I didn't want to leave 5 minutes before the miracle. This is our codie plight...we will just handle it for the good of the union.

We should be just as concerned for ourselves as we would be for kids involved. We deserve happy and fulfilling lives too! I was always so concerned that there would be a drunken incident in front of my family or friends, and once I got out, i finally had the space to see that i should be appalled at all the drunken incidents that happened in front of ME! Peace to you!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

wow, Firebolt. You hit the nail on the head. You've given me a lot to think about.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nero427 View Post
I'm just counting the days until she gets caught.
Turns out the number is 3.

And I think she's about to hit rock bottom.

She showed up to work this morning drunk. Supervisors were going to take her over for a mandatory blood alcohol test and had graciously already set her up for treatment. But then she dipped out and drove home drunk instead. Automatic termination.

That, my friends, is the last straw for me.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Nero, it's so sad to watch, and so devastating to live with.

Just so you know, some peoples bottoms are shockingly low, some don't have a bottom, and we on the outside can never tell where an alcoholic's rock bottom is.

If I had a dollar for every time I thought the X might be close...I would be wealthy, AND have a career as a fortune teller. I wish I had spent more time trying to see where MY rock bottom was. I would not have shaved years off my life from worry and pre-hypertension. I would not have lost so many nights of sleep. I would have spared myself weekly tension migraines. I would be happy and free at 33 rather than at 38. (((HUGS)))
Old 01-08-2016, 10:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it happened, Nero. Guess it's no surprise. What day did it happen? If it just happened today, and she's still drunk, there's a big chance she's going to sober up and say she's changed her mind. Would her employer take her back if that's the case? Where do you stand on the matter if she does this? Is it time to jump off the Merry-Go-Round?
Old 01-08-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
He "looked" like he was working a program but it lasted only long enough that I was softened up. After all, he was still sober and that AA stuff just isn't for him--he isn't like "those" people. Then he did eventually relapse. I would say he stayed sober maybe 6 months total?? Action, not words, on my part and his are really all that matter.
Wow I could have written these exact words. "Just enough to soften me up. " For some reason that statement was like getting punched in the gut, that's exactly what has been happening the past 5 years for me. for posting those words in that exact way, it is exactly what I needed to hear right now.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Sorry to hear it happened, Nero. Guess it's no surprise. What day did it happen? If it just happened today, and she's still drunk, there's a big chance she's going to sober up and say she's changed her mind. Would her employer take her back if that's the case? Where do you stand on the matter if she does this? Is it time to jump off the Merry-Go-Round?
No, she skipped the drug test, that's automatic termination. No way around it. She's supposed to come to the boss's office Monday morning at 8am for the final send off.
I'm still at work and she been txting me nonstop. "you caused this didn't you", "you enabled me", "I only came to work with alcohol on my breath". Also txting her co-workers blaming them....and on it goes.

I am stepping off the Merry go round. I gave her a last chance last January. that's it.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
A work in progress

They really are astounding in their ability to blame others for their situation.

Glad to hear you're stepping off the merry-go-round.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Do you think you will be staying in the house?
Did the two of you discuss any of this in January when you made your boundary?

Could be tense--maybe check w/ lawyer and start process quickly
so disruption is as minimal as possible.

I'm very sorry she couldn't stay quit for you, and for her.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Staying at my parents house for the weekend. So I'm good to go.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

The ride never ends,
Shes been making suicide threats tonight. Said she was going to get her gun out of her purse and kill herself. Jokes on her, I took all the firearms out of the house earlier. Nevertheless her supervisor called the cops, they checked on her and she's at the hospital being evaluated.....just like last year. I'm counting on her getting straight, and serious, try to make amends and get back on track....just like last year. I think I see a pattern developing.