I actually believed him

Old 12-28-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I actually believed him

Hello,

Today was the most relaxed day I have had in years, I spent it at the beach not worrying about the EXA not worrying about court just meditation and enjoying the sunshine... Many hours later I felt this anger well up in me..trying desperately to figure out where my anger was coming from I came to a conclusion. My anger was there because I am angry that I was conned and duped..: I am angry that I actually believed him and believed he was telling me the truth in the past. I am angry that I fell for a con artist. I am angry that I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I am angry that I was so naive and fell for it everytime. I am angry that I actually believed him.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's a first time for me, I think the more I relax the more emotional purging I'm doing.

KI
Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi KI, I went through the anger stage big time after a bad break-up. It will pass, but it's annoying having it knocking around your head.
As you move further away from him, the emotions will surface. You just have to go through the stages and see it as a positive step in your recovery. I don't think there's any short-cut, as long as you don't wallow in them.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, Lordy, yes.....grief and anger after the breakup with my ex-husband came in waves. I would suddenly find myself crying angry tears while driving home from work when I had been fine all day.

In my experience, it's a completely normal part of the healing process.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think the more I relax the more emotional purging I'm doing.
KI, I've found exactly the same thing.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

KI,
I have felt the exact same thing. I can't believe I fell for his lies. But then someone pointed out to me that it's normal to trust in a relationship. Healthy relationships are built on trust and honesty. He was bringing the unhealthy aspect with his dishonesty. I think it's normal and very necessary to trust someone you love. Now I just have to figure out how I ended up with such a dysfunctional person.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by killerinstinct View Post
Hello,

Today was the most relaxed day I have had in years, I spent it at the beach not worrying about the EXA not worrying about court just meditation and enjoying the sunshine... Many hours later I felt this anger well up in me..trying desperately to figure out where my anger was coming from I came to a conclusion. My anger was there because I am angry that I was conned and duped..: I am angry that I actually believed him and believed he was telling me the truth in the past. I am angry that I fell for a con artist. I am angry that I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I am angry that I was so naive and fell for it everytime. I am angry that I actually believed him.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's a first time for me, I think the more I relax the more emotional purging I'm doing.

KI
That's good. You are progressing.

The anger I felt at myself for being so stupid and foolish was very difficult to let go of. That actually took a few years to release. I could see he was a manipulator after the fact, but was too dense/hopeful/starry eyed to see it beforehand. However, the clarity helped me to better understand what he is and that I need to stay far away from people like that.