Christmas completed

Old 12-26-2014, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas completed

After spending most of Christmas Day miserable, missing my ex (first Christmas with the kids but without him), I got some texts from him in the evening saying his parents were driving him mad, his mum drinking, his Dad not happy & he was so full of dinner he 'only' managed 2 cans (on the back of a hangover from Xmas eve drinking & mixed with antidepressants - am hardly inclined to hang out the bunting!)- and I realised I had had a nice, quiet Christmas with my parents & children, I didn't have to deal with his drinking, with being the designated driver and sitting sober in his parents house for hours whilst him & his mum drink and drink and drink & shout at me and call me miserable when I eventually try to take the children home.
Suddenly realise I'm not actually missing out on anything & this split is what has to happen for us to have a better life. Roll on Boxing Day :-)
Old 12-26-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy you're finding comforts in your Holidays.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats the spirit girl! xx
Old 12-26-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Good for you!!
Old 12-26-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Davina
Bless you, BLESS you!!!
This was my first Christmas without my mate too. Due to careful planning ahead of time and my decision that it was going to be a happy one, it WAS!
I also was shown great kindness by some new friends who invited me two different places for dinner during the day. I told the second friends that I wouldn't be eating with them, but we had a MARVELOUS visit. I played the organ for three masses at our parish Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me to everyone..... My first Christmas in 34 year with out my X. No issues of drinking and acting like a baby wanting his way. No drama to deal with. It was lonely when the kids left at 3:30 to go to inlaws house. Plus my cable and tv were out. Got a little teary eyed on what to do, but I did enjoy the peace and quiet. Kids were home by 8:30, only lost them for 5 hours. YEA!!

Loved Christmas eve and most of the day with my girls. I told myself that I wanted to have a great holiday and I tried to make that happen. I think I did!!