Old 12-26-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Ok. Fun Quiz Time.

Which is Worse (or Better)?

a) Lying about going to AA; or

b) Going to AA and Lying!

hahahaha ahhhh.

Not a dime's worth of difference as far as I can tell.

drum roll . . . . what do we have behind curtain three for our winners?

===========

Chapter 5 How It Works. [AA Big Book]

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

Page 58

===============

btw. Katchie -- just stick with YOUR Program, and follow God's Guidance on YOUR path, and YOU will be right where YOU should be.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aeryn View Post
What I learned was when I "wondered" in the past it was because really I "knew" and was hoping I was just wondering.... Facing my own demons the truth about the marriage and learning to love me just as me alone - learning that me just by myself is an ok and a pretty good person. It was only once I went through that that I found serenity...for me staying with him was not only enabling him I was enabling me not to look inwards and face me. This is just how it went for my story everyone's is different
I think this is me. Trying to learn how to love myself enough to trust my own instincts.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I learned to not ask and never assume anything is the truth.

It does provide a perfect cover. Anonymous, no accountability, no particular evidence will ever need to be produced. Not saying that he/she is not going, but it would certainly lend itself to repeated behaviors if they so chose to.

I didn't find out mine wasn't going until she let it slip that her sponsor was on her butt about not following the program. Then the excuses started to come out.

Prior to that, I believed she was going to funerals and hospital beds of dying co-workers, so an AA meeting could just be another vehicle. There is nothing you can do about it. Except stop trying to wonder, because the only one it will stress is you.