The Active A will always be miserable!

Old 12-23-2014, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Active A will always be miserable!

DD6 has pneumonia. Was in ER with her until 1am. I notified separated AH as a courtesy. He came. He was actually pleasant last night in ER and helped me get her home. Carry her, etc...she is way too big for me.

And this morning, just like clockwork...I asked him if he could spend some time with her today while I could try and get some work done and he went off. Here are all the quacks:

His job is important.
I should have asked him sooner.
He was waiting for me to ask night before and I never did so he cant miss work on short notice (yet he can miss hungover)
She is sick because of me.
I wasted money taking her to ER because they dont know her like her real dr.
I am a bad mom.
I dont dress her properly.

This from the man who abandoned his wife and family for the drink. I am so over his bs. I still cry but not because I believe his crap but because I am angry about who the man I once loved has now become. He is hateful and miserable. Anyway, just laying with DD6 trying to get her through this illness and out holidays.

I am just so hurt! He will never know or understand just exactly how he should be thanking me for doing all I do to give her some normalcy. Anyway, just had to vent...
Old 12-24-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear ya...
Old 12-24-2014, 01:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

No, they aren't happy, and no one else had dare try to be happy, either. Such is the life of an active A. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this illness right before Christmas. Hopefully she's on the mend soon. Kids are resilient little suckers.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, I agree. Selfishness and self-centeredness---hallmarks of this disease.

I hope your little girl rebounds quickly and that you all have a good Christmas, after all.

dandylion
Old 12-24-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers for you and your precious girl!! Hope she feels better very soon!! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers & wishes that your daughter bounces back quickly -- and hard as it is, I hope you can brush off your ex's huffing and puffing and focus on what's really important.

I found that it was easier when I could think of AXH's grandstanding and accusations and quacking as the teacher in Charlie Brown... it's just noise, it doesn't mean anything.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope your little one feels better soon! My three year old has the flu too. As hard as it is for us to drop everything and take care of them with no support from our AH-our little ones need us. My AH stresses my daughter out and she won't go near him- clings to mommy.

Just remember ur an awesome mommy and she will never forget that.

Speedy recovery and happy holidays!