Christmas guilt--- OT

Old 12-24-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I'm one of those mothers who sent cards and has a kitchen full of baked goods, a deep freezer full of un-baked or par-baked goods, a bedroom overflowing with gifts from everyone in the family, an agenda for tonight's dinner, and an agenda for Christmas dinner (including gifts for all our guests). I'm ******* exhausted. I threw my DD7 a birthday party a week and a half ago. I haven't had time to just enjoy being with my family. I've been stressed out and taking it out on my kids. I'm going between angry and understanding at my best friend here for essentially dumping everything Christmas on me because her husband has a mystery illness that's sent him to the ER three times in as many days. I hate myself right now for my (once again) overextended state, and I really envy those who can focus on the meaning of the holiday without getting caught up in the Martha Stewart Hallmark-ing of the season. So there, the take from an overachieving, perfectionist mom. We're tired. We may look like we have it together, but we're tired. I'll venture a guess that most of us are unhappy and wishing the day would come and go so we can resume normal operations. I can't wait to have my kitchen back.