Should I give up on him?

Old 12-20-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So much great advice, please take it and move forward without your boyfriend. If I would have paid attention to the red flags three months into my relationship with my xabf, I would have left then. Instead I stayed and a year and a half, I finally got the courage to leave....but only after physically and verbal abuse, lies and cheating. He always promised to get sober but never did. Things will not get better only worse.
(((Hugs)))
Old 12-20-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I believe the more important question here, is why in the world do you feel responsible for someone you have only known 90 days? 90days that is a drop in the bucket in comparison to the rest of your life. Honestly, you do not truly know this person.

You state that you had an intense and fast start to this situation. That truly is not the definition of a relationship, what you are describing is [lust,nothing more.

I am sure you have heard the only saying, " when something seems to good to be true, it usually is .

I would take a step back and work on me, and figure out why I felt the need to invest my hard earned money on therapy for someone who simply wasn't invested in me.

There are plenty of worthy charities who can put your donated dollar to good work.

You are not responsible for him, he is an adult, he will figure it out or not. Either way, you are free to go and live your healthy life.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is just three months in. Not a great start, and with only three months invested, I'd bail. You're not responsible for fixing him, nor any of his actions.

I'd think twice before giving any alcoholic money. He can get free help if he wants it and needs it. I'd focus on my life and what I want.

You don't need this....
Old 12-21-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

dup post
Old 12-21-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

How about instead of paying for HIS therapy, you pay for your own? This is a road to nowhere, hon. Run as fast as you can and find the help for yourself that you so desperately need. I've been where you are and nothing good is going to come out if it. You cannot fix your AM through losing yourself in a relationship with another A. You just can't. Run.