Blogs

Notices

Petty stuff

Old 12-13-2014, 01:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I will add my own experience in here. When my husband was alive...we frequently talked on the phone 2-3 times a day. We just enjoyed talking and sharing. To this day, I don't think there is anyone in this world that I would rather talk to.

I do understand that the work environment may or may NOT allow for this kind of flexability.
I my case we both had jobs where this was possible at times....and, absolutely impossible to do so at other times.

Katchie, maybe I am reading too much into this...but, it sounds like you don't enjoy talking to him...even if the work environment was compatible?

I guess I still don't understand why the two of you can't talk about this. Perhaps he could tell you why he is doing it. He would know why even better than any of us would...LOL!!

dandylion
The Following User Says Thank You to dandylion For This Useful Post:
Katchie (12-13-2014)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Katchie,

I've experienced this. Once the I'm sorry didn't work, (because he never backed it up), then the presents, when they didn't work, (because he never backed up anything), then it was the constant attention.

I was getting 6 - 8 phone calls a day, and at night he would watch TV with me in my room (the den), and insist on holding my hand all night long. It drove me crazy. He also went to bed early because he left for work early (about 5 am) and wanted me to go to bed with him at 8pm so that he could hold me like a teddy bear all night.

You turned down the curtains !!!!! This is his next step, overpowering attention. Or at least that is what it was in my case. He may be feeling that you are getting stronger, and he needs things to go back to his "comfort zone".

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
amy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amy55 For This Useful Post:
Katchie (12-13-2014), LexieCat (12-13-2014)