Good news/bad news

Old 12-11-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Free, your post brought me so much joy. I am so happy to hear your day is going better and you are able to take care of some things.

I don't think money or lack of makes you a good parent. I am broke a lot of the time and I think I am a fine parent. I know a lot of parents with tons of money who I think are awful!!!!! Don't let anyone tell you any different.

I hope he goes to rehab and you get some peace!

Tight hugs!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You know free, we could come over as a group and dropkick him to the rehab if you like--
No gas required for that
Old 12-11-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
You know free, we could come over as a group and dropkick him to the rehab if you like--
No gas required for that
he he! That brings a smile to my face! Thanks so much! Glad I'm here.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just hoping you are remembering all those good feelings you have today. The phone calls with the grandparents, the feeling of love and joy that experienced with them, the gas station people, who also love you. You are one terrific person and one great mom. I wish I could be there for Christmas with you this year when your kids see what you got them and all the love that you have for them.

You are always in my heart.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
amy
Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Amy- that really means a lot to me. I mean that sincerely. It's funny how strangers can come into your life and make such an impact, but God is good and....well God is good.
Despite my little hiccup today on SR- I would call the day a success. My feelers were hurt, BUT ultimately I know that everyone has their own walk through recovery and my therapist (thank God I had counseling today) gently reminded me that sometimes our stories and experiences can bring back difficult memories for even the most recovered people.
So: my lesson today- stick with my gut ( I'm an ok mom, I'm going to be ok, I'm working the steps, counseling, yada yada), have compassion for others who might hurt my feelers because I have no idea what their journey has entailed, and do not isolate myself when I've been "wounded"- reach out and find someone to connect with.

So! Let the joy of Christmas begin! Can't wait to get the camera....our sunsets in nebraska are so beautiful. I also love those lonely windmills out in the prairie. I intend to take my bloodhound for walks everyday and take lots of pics!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey, and I want to see those beautiful pics that you take.

and put that Christmas music on now..... you wouldn't believe what an uplifting thing that is....

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy

Last edited by amy55; 12-11-2014 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling error, still didn't cut my fingernails lol
Old 12-11-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I didn't see the offending posts. Its not often I see someone purposely be offensive here - sometimes threads trigger, sometimes we all have a bad day and lash out. I am sorry for the hiccup I have been more stern in threads than I meant to at times.

I am glad you had a wonderful day. Sounds like your Christmas will be great. Hoping that AH does go to rehab.

Have a nice evening and I hope tomorrow a great day too.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
Oh, good, glad you didn't think it was TOO crazy.

If you google it you'll find some good info about it. I really hope it helps, even temporarily. I know it has to be affecting his confidence & it's hard to watch our kids suffer like that. (((HUGS)))
OT from the thread but my DD had adjustments that really helped with ear infection and sinus issues. I thought it was kind of weird but in retrospect the way things within our bodies are connected is amazing. I think we are all experiencing that first hand relative to living with alcoholism - chemical, physical, electrical, etc
Old 12-11-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkinganewpath View Post
OT from the thread but my DD had adjustments that really helped with ear infection and sinus issues. I thought it was kind of weird but in retrospect the way things within our bodies are connected is amazing. I think we are all experiencing that first hand relative to living with alcoholism - chemical, physical, electrical, etc
absolutely! Which is why my long term goal is to get my advanced practice registered nurse license and go into alternative /holistic medicine. I have strong opinions about preservatives, chemicals, over usage of antibiotics, etc. I believe that we have disconnected ourselves from the earth and are suffering the consequences. But my opinion is pretty controversial and I think this thread has had enough of that for one day!

Last edited by freetosmile; 12-11-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-11-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I think you are going to go really far. Did I tell you today how much I appreciate you? I do. I think you are one special person.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 12-12-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hope that you had a good evening.

I just wanted to mention that I use white vinegar for cleaning all the time (I get it in 6 liter jugs at Costco for $3.25). it helps dark clothes hold their color, I add it right with detergent and it helps to keep that funky smell out of a front load washer too, I run it on the tub clean cycle.

But it is alkaline and should never be mixed with bleach especially when you are cleaning. Hot vinegar will clear a slow drain and mixed with dawn dish detergent it will remove that soap build up from glass shower doors.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I hope that you had a good evening.

I just wanted to mention that I use white vinegar for cleaning all the time (I get it in 6 liter jugs at Costco for $3.25). it helps dark clothes hold their color, I add it right with detergent and it helps to keep that funky smell out of a front load washer too, I run it on the tub clean cycle.

But it is alkaline and should never be mixed with bleach especially when you are cleaning. Hot vinegar will clear a slow drain and mixed with dawn dish detergent it will remove that soap build up from glass shower doors.
thanks! I tried it on my little mans blankets for the first time and it seemed to work great on the smell. I think it will try it for cleaning as well. Thanks again!