2 years later

Old 12-09-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know except, yuck...... How do you feel about him sleeping and having sex with someone else while he is calling you? No, you don't know anything about their relationship except what he tells you.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Shortayp18, what he's doing right now is not respectful. Not to her. Not to her child. And not to you. It's not romance. It's not selfless and it's not caring. What he is doing right now, by trying to re-kindle your relationship while wrapped up in a relationship with another woman and her child, really seems to negate being a selfless, most caring, loving person.

You don't know what he's telling her. You don't know if she believes their relationship is just as passionate as you feel the relationship was that you and he used to have 2 years ago. You don't know if he's telling her he loves her, too. If he is:

1. Does he actually love her? Where does that leave you?
2. Is it that he doesn't love her, but says he does? That would mean he's capable of and willing to lie about being in love with someone. Lying to her doesn't prove that he's not lying when he says it to you.

Or maybe he's not saying it to her (anymore). He's still using her for financial reasons. Unless he's been completely honest with her about it, that's pretty sleezy, especially since there's a child involved. Heck, even if he is completely up front about it,('Hey. I _don't_ love you now, but I'm going to continue to live with you. You can provide a roof over my head, food for our table; I'll share your bed, hang out with your daughter... Pretend we're something of a family for her. All because I can't pay my bills on my own.), it's fairly callous.

You don't know what they tell each other. You don't really know if he truly went to rehab for himself, or if she'd given him an ultimatum, "rehab or leave my home" and he did it to try to save a comfortable place to live; and now 3 weeks later, he's thinking, "man, Shortayp18 never _made_ me stop drinking, maybe she's forgotten what my drinking is like - its been 2 years - and maybe she won't make me stop for a while yet." You don't know the whole story, and his actions aren't screaming reliability, honesty or respect.

My AXH's GF contacted me when she found out he wasn't divorced like he told her he was when he moved in with her. It was incredibly painful and eye-opening for both of us to find out what lies he was actually telling each of us. I'm not sure I'd recommend contacting the other woman, because that discussion hurt like h-ll, but it sure did bring a lot his lies to the light.
I know and he has contacted me before asking to sleep with me while he was with her b/c their sex life was NOTHING. He knows for a fact i will never get back together with him if he's still drinking, thats why; i left him in the first place and he's tried and tried to talk me into getting back together and everything will be okay. and I'm like no it won't if you are drinking i want nothing to do with you. but yes he is in the WRONG for talking to me and with this girl. Its just wrong.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I don't know except, yuck...... How do you feel about him sleeping and having sex with someone else while he is calling you? No, you don't know anything about their relationship except what he tells you.
i feel awful. thats why i want to tell him to not contact me until he really is single and on his own and farther along in his journey of sobriety
Old 12-10-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortayp18 View Post
i feel awful. thats why i want to tell him to not contact me until he really is single and on his own and farther along in his journey of sobriety
That sounds like a great plan. I hope he is serious this time and can get his life together!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Usually “confusion” happens when we are not living/thinking/feeling in reality because there is nothing confusing about reality, we just don’t like it that’s all. We throw in all the but’s and and’s and the kitchen sink to justify making reality into anything then what it really is.

I picture the monkey swinging from tree to tree – he’s not going to let go of one branch (current GF) until he’s firmly got a hold of another.

What kind of recovery program have you worked these last few years to help you make healthier decisions when it comes to relationships?

I'd say this has nothing at all to do with his alcoholism and everything to do with you and your issues.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Usually “confusion” happens when we are not living/thinking/feeling in reality because there is nothing confusing about reality, we just don’t like it that’s all. We throw in all the but’s and and’s and the kitchen sink to justify making reality into anything then what it really is.

I picture the monkey swinging from tree to tree – he’s not going to let go of one branch (current GF) until he’s firmly got a hold of another.

What kind of recovery program have you worked these last few years to help you make healthier decisions when it comes to relationships?

I'd say this has nothing at all to do with his alcoholism and everything to do with you and your issues.

I have went to alanon a few times and also being on this message board helped me in the beginning a lot. Ive been focusing on myself and i have made some major decisions in my life...like quiting my job that made me unhappy and chose to go back to school. i have came ALONG way from our break up and I've changed. I went to see a counselor in the beginning as well to help with all the emotion. What do you suggest as in recovery program
Old 12-10-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I would continue or set up counseling again. Work on your self esteem issues so that thinking about re-entering a relationship with such an unhealthy person - would never be doable ever again.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortayp18 View Post
thats why i want to tell him to not contact me until he really is single and on his own and farther along in his journey of sobriety
That sounds like what you need, then. But you can't count on him to uphold the no contact. You have to be strong enough to let his attempts to contact you go by without a response from you.

One thing to bear in mind is that he could be seeing any contact from you as confirmation that you want contact with him. Even if you keep saying "Stop calling or texting me, I will not respond." If you keep saying that when he calls or texts, you are responding, so he knows he has your attention. He knows he can keep contacting you and you will answer in some way, which may mean - in his mind - that you _want_ to hear from him.

If you want no contact from him. You're going to have to tell him once that you won't respond to any further attempts to contact you and then stick by your own boundary.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

what kind of counselor do you recommend. the last one i had was not very helpful i think she was very shocked what i was telling her...
Old 12-11-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Someone who deals with addiction/codependency.