A fond goodbye and thank you message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A fond goodbye and thank you message

To all you lovely members of this forum who I have grown to respect, each and every one of you ...... if it hadn't been for you folks, friends and T I wouldn't be writing this now. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Today is the brink of a major step forward in my recovery. Exactly one year ago today my STBEAH (dry, but not in recovery by any means) threw one of my dogs out of a window in the middle of the night and broke his leg. Some of you know this story. This was the final straw after years of domestic abuse. I decided to plan to leave him. Then I discovered you folks searching for some help/support/answers. I saw through Christmas and New Year, it was bitter. Then I left without warning early one morning with a few clothes and personal items, and the dogs, and have since then lived in a rental property. I am fortunate to work and be able to pay my bills.

It has been a tough year. I filed for divorce, he got nasty.... it's a familiar story. But we settled (to avoid him having to go to court and hear about his humiliating behaviour), and just today I got the keys to my new home. I move on Saturday. I wore that red dress to the work Christmas party on Saturday, had a ball and my boss even said it was the best dress there! That was great, because he knows nothing of my history.

So I am moving to a new area, to a lovely healing house, and with little financial security behind me at 59. You know what? I'm happier and more excited than I can remember being. And I have decided I won't be defined from now on by the abuse I have received or my response to it. This is another chapter, and I'm ready for it. Yes, I'm a bit anxious, of course. But I'm looking forward.

So although I will stop in from time to time and check in with how you are all doing, I have made a conscious decision to stop dwelling on the past and look forward. To stop researching 'why he did that'. It was. It isn't now. And it won't be. I won't be visiting so often for that reason. I need to have two feet firmly in the future now. And that means stepping off the web and into the real world!
Wow that's scary. SR is in my top 3 visited websites this year. But at some point I need to let go a little. I hope you know what I mean.

So with that, I wish all of you guys a healthy, happy future. And once again thanks for your support, friendship, humour, wisdom and company. You have made all the difference to many lonely hours.

Here's looking forward to you all!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Wishing you good luck in what I am sure will be a peaceful and happy future. Take care tight hugs xx
Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Brindie, I absolutely love this update. I will never ever forget reading that post, when he threw your dog out. Horrible.

You have come such a very long way. I bet you were smashing in your red dress!!!!

I wish you all the best, and all the happiness that I know is in your future. Pop in and see us!!!

XXX
Old 12-03-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just so happy to hear the bright hope and happiness in your note here. All the best, forever!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you! I am sure your future is going to be wonderful ! You deserve it !
Old 12-03-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh that is such a beautiful post to read! What a success story for you!! I didn't know about your poor dog :-(( B@$5T@RD!!!!!! I hope your puppy dog healed quickly and is with you in your snuggily beautiful new home!!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope to write a post like yours in the not too distant future...

Wish you all the best!!

Old 12-03-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

GOOSEBUMPS! Congratulations - and best of luck moving forward!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Brindie, I wish you and your hounds all the best! There is no way a life that includes dogs could be an unhappy one...

May you enjoy all the blessings the world has to give.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Best Post of the Day Award goes to... BRINDIE!!!

I am SO happy for you. And you sound SO good. And go forth and live, my friend! You've sure deserved it!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow you go for it, so happy for you.
Hugs.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Bravo! Remember us when you reach another happy milestone or event that brings you joy... telling your story helps the newbies hang in there when they hear stories of hope and triumph!

Have a fabulous holiday and new year!
Old 12-04-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new peaceful healing home!!
Old 12-04-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
GOOSEBUMPS!
Me too!!!!

I'm reading this with my morning cup of coffee. What a fantastic way to start my day.

Best of luck to you Brindie.