Check In/Update

Old 12-01-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check In/Update

It's been a little while since I posted so I thought I would update everyone. My RAH has been home from rehab for a little over 30 days. Things are going very well. He hasn't missed an AA meeting yet and received his 60 day chip tonight. Our relationship is in a really good place. We both have boundaries and mutually respect them. I spent 3 days with my grown children and their SO's the week of Thanksgiving. It was so nice to be away and totally relaxed. RAH stayed home and did some work around the house. He has been quite productive in working on projects that he started almost 8 YEARS ago...I think he is surprised at how much demolition he had done with no repairing. (We live in my grandmother's house that I inherited and have been remodeling.) I swear the man can tear something apart and when sober he actually does a great job of putting back together. This time last year was a nightmare. He was an active A at that time and we didn't even put up a Christmas tree until almost midnight on Christmas Eve. Long story. Anyway, our tree is now up and decorated.

I am still working on my own recovery and thankful for each day. I remind myself that the destruction in my life didn't happen overnight and that I can only worry about "today"!

I wish you all well and thank you all so much for the support!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Thanks for checking in! It's good to hear that things are going well, and it's good that you are taking things a day at a time. That's really all any of us can do. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm really glad that things are going well for both of you. Thanks for the positive update!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This made me chuckle BamaWife as my H went on a project spree too! Hopefully he'll tackle it all and then know what else he'd like to do with his free time.

Feels good to clear out for a few days too, doesn't it!? I hope you had a lovely visit!
Old 12-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Since I am his boss (at home and work), when he runs out of projects at home, I will keep him busy at work!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice to hear that you guys are still together and working on your issues. Alcoholism doesn't have to destroy every family!!!