Blogs

Notices

Courage to Change Nov 27th

Old 11-27-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Courage to Change Nov 27th

I thought I would share today's reading because it really spoke to me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I can be proud of the fact that I am a survivor. I have been brought through many struggles in order to be exactly where I am today. Today I know that I am more than my troubles. I am a human being with dignity. I have a wealth of experience that I can put to use by sharing it with those who are going through similar difficulties. I needn't fear the challenges of the future, because I know that today, with the guidance of my Higher Power and with the strength and knowledge I have gained from Al Anon, I am capable of facing anything life brings me.

Though I once viewed my life as a tragedy, I now have a different perspective on those experiences. I know that I am a stronger person as a result of what I've been through.

Today's Reminder: If I so choose, I can regard everything that happens in my life as a gift from which I can learn and grow. Today I will find something positive hidden within a difficult situation and allow myself to be grateful. I may be surprised at how much a little gratitude can help.

"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars." Charles A Beard
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lizatola For This Useful Post:
Butterfly (11-28-2014), ladyscribbler (11-27-2014), Redheadsusie (11-27-2014), soullong (11-28-2014), Stung (11-27-2014), Yurt (11-27-2014)