Overanalyzing everything

Old 08-01-2004, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Overanalyzing everything

Someone said in another thread that they need to learn how to not analyze everything. My friends tell me that al lthe time. They say...stop over analyzing everything. you are driving us all nuts. Why do I do this?? What does it mean???
Old 08-01-2004, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me it means that I'm trying to control the situation by trying to think one-step ahead. I want things to go my way and if only I do this, then maybe he'll do this and then he could get help for that... blah blah blah.

There are nights that this is all my head seems to want to think about, I can't make it stop analyzing. I can't sleep, my stomach is in knots and I'm pretty much generally unhappy. I know there is hope though.. because yesterday I went to my daughters soccer game and for almost the whole game I didn't think of my problems/his problems. I just watched the game. It was amazing and it felt good to let it go and give my head a break. I won't get there leaping down the road but I just might get there with baby steps.

hugs,

Marci
Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((Hugs)))))
Omg, I thought I was one of the few that did that lol, I can take a simple matter and overanalyze it until it becomes Mt. Rushmore. accck... I rebel againest doing anything that isn't planned out fully, being spontaneous just seems to be absent from my brain's library. But I have noticed after reading the above that I'm getting better at that. Like I was a clean freak before ( think I am obsessive-compulsive) and now I can let the house go a little and not get all tied up about it, seems silly I know but it's a big change for me. Like Marci says it feels good to give my head a break. hugs to all my sisters! ...Teggie
Old 08-01-2004, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What Marci said. Over thinking is all about control on my part. I often have to stop mid-thought and realize that it's time to let go.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

With my ex I used to analyze and analyze and it was all about control and thinking I could change the situation if I could just figure it out.

It took me awhile after I broke up with him to see all the time I'd wasted in my life and my sons life by doing that.

Ngaire
Old 09-04-2004, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I hear ya. Me too.

I analyse the situation and then I analyse the analysation! :scratchch (spelling bad)
Although I am bi-polar and also think I have obsessive/compulsive disorder - so I know obsessing is an Anon issue, but I don't think it is to the degree that I have it.

Anyway, there were my 2.5 cents worth.

Jenna