Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

No Contact is Great - But does there come a time when you should respond?

No Contact is Great - But does there come a time when you should respond?

Old 11-18-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

He knows he's taking a "great risk" (his words) by contacting you, but he's willing to do it anyway because he's banking on you not reporting him. Maybe the old Meg would have fallen for that manipulation. How strong is the new Meg? It bothers me that he was willing to use your ill child as a bargaining chip. Everything about this situation reeks of the "poor me" seeping out of him.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meggem View Post
yea I'm sure it is - I didn't reply.

I thought it would be healthy for me if I pretend replied to you guys instead of maybe stuffing my feelings down-but to be honest I didn't really feel anything except wondering what the polite thing is to do when someone (even an iditio) sends you this kind of email.
I wouldn't worry about finding the "best, most polite thing to do." <----we codies are always so concerned with being polite, aren't we?

I notice how he's doing the extra-polite act in the message to you. Hmmmm, I think that must be a thing they all do.... That fake cover-up politeness.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I swear, they must all read the same book. That is exactly the type of manipulative message my separated RAH would have written a few months ago.

Passive-aggressive to the max.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good for you meggam. You've come a long way and you need to keep moving forward. Focus on yourself and the girls.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - I have therapy today. I haven't been in 2 weeks because everyone has been sick - but I have a lot to say today and am hoping for some good insight - thanks everyone for your support and insight! love you all