Recovery stage??

Old 07-31-2004, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Recovery stage??

Can someone please tell me that it is completely normal for my h to fall off the wagon after almost a year?? I am so sad. I don't know what to do or say to him. It had been one of the best years of our marriage. I just don't get it. 2 weeks ago was his first time, he didn't come home until late from a friends. I knew it for some reason I just knew why he was late.

The next day he missed work. Asked me if I was mad at him. I said no, then I said I just didn't understand why he would want to start drinking again?? And I simply said, "I dodn't like it." He said he wasn't sure why he did it again, and that he was sorry and felt guilty. So, after a quite week I thought good maybe that is all it will take to see that he didn't like feeling like that again.

But, now as I sit here and type this he is out with his friends. Went golfing early this mornig and said he would be home by 2 or 3. I just talked to him for the first time at 8pm. He was now bowling at least I think that is what he said. I'm just so upset. I just don't know if I should say anything to him tomorrow or not. Do I just shut my mouth and go on doing what I want to do tomorrow, which is not be around him. I know he will say sorry again , even if I just sit in silence all day. I just get so angry, I can't even look at him. Any promissing words would be helpful thankyou
Old 07-31-2004, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

This is one of those times when you realize just how powerless you are over the disease of alcoholism. You didnt cause it, you cant control it and you can't cure it.

What you CAN do is take care of you. Do whatever you had planned tomorrow - and have a great day.

Hugs...

Barb
Old 07-31-2004, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Exactly!

The biggest thing about getting on his case is then he can be mad at you and....omg...blame you? He knows what he did. No need to tell him.

Oh and let me tell you from experience...it is kind of fun to watch them waiting to get their butt chewed!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
JT
Old 08-01-2004, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JT
it is kind of fun to watch them waiting to get their butt chewed!
It really is.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep, he just rolled in this morning. First thing he said was sorry. I just couldn't say anything. I just don't want to speak to him. My daughter and I will go have fun today. while he lays on the couch. Thanks all
Old 08-01-2004, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is a disease and there is no rhyme or reason why anyone falls off the wagon.

But it's waste of time to start giving them hell for it........they can just blame you then.