Another DUI, this is #4, I knew it would be long

Old 11-17-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeliciaM View Post
I did see this in him and was sensitive choosing my words carefully. He was exhausting me. No relationship will ever be possible with him. I do still love him.
It's starting to sink in today.
I loved my wife through all my antics.

I reckon he is more confused by his alcoholism than you are.

I'm betting you know he's alcoholic ... but he doesn't have a clue yet, or if he does, he's pretty unsure whether he is or not, I'd guess.

The alcoholic is always the last one to know what their problem is .... how confused is that ?

He'll be watching everyone else get through life without drinking lots of booze & thinking "what's wrong with me ??" .... "how do those people do that ?"

More confusion.

Good luck with whatever you decide & take care of yourself
Old 11-17-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
I do all the the driving if he is ever drinking because I would be heartbroken if he lost his job or his nice life because of a DUI or vehicular manslaughter.

I am pointing out this quote because it just goes to show how the codie mind becomes completely warped. You would be heartbroken if he lost "the good life" due to vehicular manslaughter?? I would imagine the victims family would feel really bad for him too. (sarcasm intended)
Of course I would feel sorry for the victim's family of the vehicular manslaughter. But I also know my husband and care about him, and I would be heartbroken if such a thing happened to him. Alcoholism is a disease, and I feel sorry that he has to go through all of this. I am just that type of person.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I know I'll never get an answer to why he's done this.