Boring is good right?

Old 07-31-2004, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Boring is good right?

Hi folks!

I took a little hiatis because I was feeling, well, not exactly sure what I was feeling. Seems like, I work, eat and sleep with a little barbie playing in between. Such a boring little life I lead, got me thinking - do I need drama in my life or something, do I miss it if I am finding my life so boring?

Bottom line, no I don't miss the drama and the chaos. I like the little boring things I do. Wish I could win the lottery or something so I could at least cut out the work part

You know I am not sure how I would have made it through all the chaos I went through when he was actively drinking and drugging, if I didn't have this place to come to.

So I just wanted to say thanks. Thanks for being here, thanks for helping me through my ups and downs and thanks for being here when I get quirky.

I hope this place and all of you are always a part of my life. When I come here, it feels like I am coming home.

Sending much love and hugs!
Debbie

PS....Just want to do a little shout for him....beginning of next month will be 15 months sober for him!! Horray!! Sometimes a little bad happening is a blessing in disguise.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I remember the days that I would have sold my soul for one day of boredom!!! Today I just have peace, well most days, LOL, but it took a little adrenaline withdrawal to be willing to step out of the arena.

I'm glad things are going so well for you, Debbie, and thrilled that hubby is in such a good place. I remember the last round of chaos and how it seemed like the end of the world, but instead was his turning point. We just never know when the miracle will happen, and I'm so glad that you and he got yours.

It's great to have you come here and share, because you have run the full gamut and survived and flourished. It's refreshing to hear the happy stories and I hope we'll see you often.

Hugs and Love to both of you
Ann
Old 07-31-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Boring is good, very good. I'll take boring over chaos any day.
Hooray for his 15 months!
And Deb, thank you for being a part of my life and my recovery.
I count you among my blessings.
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 07-31-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Boring good? Not to me! Never! Boring is one of the things that makes codies seek problems. Choose drama, not trauma! Take a class. Audition for a play or work backstage. Next time you go out to eat go someplace that sounds too weird to go. If you always get vanilla get raspberry fudge ripple. If you always get raspberry fudge ripple get sherbet. Go bowling with girlfriends instead of the movies. If you can't afford a trip go to the library and get gobs of books with big pictures all about exotic places. Don't buy the beige one. If they even make a grey one complain to the manufacturer.

Boredom is my enemy. If I let myself get bored I find a way to shake things up. If there's nothing big like crack addiction I can get petty about how tormented I am by the fact that when he pulls his socks off he pulls the left one off inside out, but not the right.

It's wonderful that your fella is clean. And I know what you mean about preferring the boredom to the blitz. But those are not the only two choices. :wink2:
Old 07-31-2004, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Debbie,

15 months...has it been that long?? You still have that lawnmower??

Like Smoke I am one to create a problem if I get too bored. Quiet can get real loud. I have to pay close attention when things are quiet.

In addition to doing something fun, appreciating the quiet and learning why it unnerves you could be the next step for you. We grow Deb, for the rest of our lives, and this is simply another lesson.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-01-2004, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Well, I guess boring is good and bad, I guess I might have worded it wrong. But I sure do like not having the chaos in my life.

I am slowly getting back into my beloved hobby of Barbie collecting which I didn't have time for before (I was too busy worrying).

I do need to learn to appreciate and not analyze

Thanks for all the words of wisdom
Old 08-01-2004, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Debbie
I do need to learn to appreciate and not analyze
Me too Deb.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
believer

Deb, I'm so happy for you! Don't know about the boredom thing, but no chaos is great! I'm glad you and Barbie have gotten reacquainted.

Love and hugs,
JG
Old 08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

I've decided that "boring" is in actuality the *Serenity* that I pray so hard for.
For *me*, I need to continue to work on being "ok" when there is no crisis to "amuse" me + occupy my mind. Adrenalin is addictive!

Blue
Old 08-03-2004, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Debbie,
I am so happy that you will have time for your Barbie collection now. Unreal how many they have these days! And the 15 months sober seems like a dream number to me.I pray that my hubby will someday want to stay sober.....but I will take care of ME no matter what!!! I am really happy for the two of you!!!!!

Take care and thanks for all you have done here,
matters
Old 08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Cheers for your man Debbie. For you I hope you enjoy the peace and quiet.
It's always searching for the balance for me. Its no longer black or white. Chaos or calm. I do have a lot of inconveniences in my life but I'll let go of the crises whenever I can. Unless the house is burning down. LOL!
It really seems like it has taken me a long time to get out of the either/or kind of thinking. A poem I love goes something like "It's in the valleys I grow" and today I know I can't stay on the mountain tops if I am to continue to grow.
In the meantime I'll do my best to "live" each day as it comes.
So very glad to hear from you. Do take care of the Barbie's.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

************{everyone}}}}}}}}

Thanks for all the kind words!
Old 08-08-2004, 12:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can relate to your post so much! I have realized through extensive inventories that I can create a crisis really fast when I feel bored. I try to throw myself into being of service to others when I start feeling the boredom.

I know I am in danger when I can't get off the couch. I know I'm in danger when I start thinking something is missing from my life and I want to find some "excitement." So I'll call someone I just met who I know is struggling or someone from my home group who is having a rough time and just ask "How are You?". It always works for me when I do it. I don't always do it, but I know it works.

Hope all is well in your world. Love and Hugs.