New Visitor Part II

Old 04-10-2002, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post New Visitor Part II

Folks,
Sorry but I placed "my story" in wrong place. Here goes....for what its worth. Thanks to all of you for your responses, comments, suggestions, etc. I really appreciate you all being here. My story.....I left my A about 8 months ago and I am missing him like crazy. We had been having a long distance relationship for 8 years when we finally decided to get together and make a life. Unfortunately, you never know people until you live with them. I stayed with him for 3 months before his AA behaviour was becoming too unacceptable for me. I just left. I don't know where the relationship stands and as you all know we Al-Anons have to know. I finally let him know that he would have to get counseling before we could continue this again. He did not contact me until a month later and told me good bye. This was two weeks ago and I don't know what to think. Any ideas? I am really happy to have you here for support and I certainly want to support my fellow Al-A's. Thanks again for letting me share. God bless.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

Hello gipsee...

Sadly it sounds like that, at least for now, he prefers his relationship with the bottle over his relationship to other people. I applaud you for escaping so promptly. Please don't let this decision of his make you feel bad about yourself. Addict's in the depth of their disease tend to place value only on people who help them use. Their opinion of us just doesn't count!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 04-10-2002, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Gipsee,
I'm sorry you're hurting. The support has helped me not hurt so much. I hope it works for you that way too. We're here for support. Keep posting and let us know how your doing.

Morning Glory

Old 04-11-2002, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Gipsee

Welcome to the board.

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I know it hurts. Hopefully it will ease with time. I have no great words of wisdom for you but I can tell you that coming here and posting on the board has helped comfort me many times and I pray it will do the same for you. We can only take it one day at a time.....

You take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie