What makes you happy today?

Old 11-12-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

love this thread! i'm happy today because it's quiet at work and i've been soaking up some of the SR magic, getting a few laughs, and feeling supported.

also i found out the church i infrequently go to, and which my granddaughter loves, is now having a week night service with their children's ministry! my little girl will be so thrilled as her exchange schedule didn't allow us to go to sunday service. so that makes me happy today!

wow. this smiling thing really improves my day!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just cleaned my suv inside and out. Today is probably the last warm day of the year so I took advantage. Call me weird but a clean vehicle with a new air freshner just makes me happy.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Things that make me happy:
Riding my Harley
Meeting new people
Listening to music
A clean tidy house
Spending time with my grandson
Reading a book in peace
New scented candles
Getting a massage
Helping people
Learning new things
My bird dog Browning
Playing the guitar
Killing Fire ants
Hunting Dolphins
Farting in elevators
Collecting unicorns horns
Laughing!!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy to be back on a routine after our kids were out of school for 2 days.

Happy to read about what makes everyone else smile - happybeingme, that's not weird at all. I love having a clean vehicle & I've been neglecting mine, thanks for the reminder!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Me? Just being able to enjoy life again. In my addiction I got to the point where I couldn't enjoy anything. I was homeless so even when I got high the situation I was in due to it was enough I wanted to die but I was such a failure I failed at that too. Today I'm happy I failed at that. I am 96 days from everything and over 7 months from my doc heroin. I am no longer homeless so everyday that makes me happy. Having a job so I can buy not steal things I need. And not in jail today because I can happily drop clean
Old 11-12-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Got out of the house today, bought myself a cup of coffee and will be going out again to go to a doctor's appt. Felt good to be out in the sunshine...also went to an antique shop where the things are just beautifully arranged and had a good conversation with the owner who invited me back to an open house on Sunday as well as a visit to a thrift shop for the humane society...got some books and a small gold tree ornament that reminds me of my Dad and his love of and for Christmas...and a good conversation (listening) to the shop manager.

All for the good! :-)
Old 11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today? My family (I still live at home with my parents and brother--which doesn't necessarily go on a what makes me happy thread) are getting two PUPPIES!

Labs--a black girl and a yellow boy. Same litter. Names TBD, but thinking either Sammy and Lulabelle (ugh) or Sammy and Lilah (short for Sampson and Deliliah).

My lovely co-worker brought me a kid Pack-n-Play to use as well as a puppy pen.

Last edited by auroraxborealis; 11-12-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by auroraxborealis View Post
PUPPIES! Labs--a black girl and a yellow boy.
Happy puppies, aurora! What fun that will be!

I'm happy for my fine new stove that arrived just in time for the cold weather. Here it is: Jøtul GF 500 DV IPI Portland - Stoves - Products | Jøtul

And I'm delighted for the lovely set of bowls I found at Goodwill today w/bittersweet on them. I'm very fond of bittersweet and don't see it often, either in real life or as a decorative motif.

And I'm happy most of all b/c I'm feeling that my feet are beginning to touch solid ground after nearly 2 years. I'm seeing clearly what I need to do and have spent time getting ready to do it, in a physical and practical sense as well as in a mental and emotional sense. Thanks so much to all here who've helped me along the way. Like Bob said, "the times, they are a-changing."