8/9 mo sober; conversationally combative

Old 11-06-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
SR is my program. Nobody has ever walked on eggshells around me though. That's not right that you should ever have to do that ever. I know even when I get crabby because my brain resetting that it is on me to figure out how to behave.
I think I've walked on eggshells for so long I'm just use to it. If he's in a bad mood, I'll tip toe around. I can't say that I do that because of him, I just grew up having to do that because of my dad. I think I've always been slightly intimidated by men because of him.

Anyway, thanks for you input, I appreciate it.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Without a program of recovery, sober alcoholics tend to be very cranky. They drank so they didn't have to experience their feelings, now it's life without anesthesia. Probably taking it out on you. He should at least go to therapy.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hammer, it alarms me that your wife was snooping. Alanon is a great thing, however I do know it is a bit different when you are a leader. I hope you don't have to sensor yourself here at SR because of your wife.

I do think it's hilarious you told them to lecture each other and went to bed, well done my friend!!!!

We are here for you!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Hammer, it alarms me that your wife was snooping. Alanon is a great thing, however I do know it is a bit different when you are a leader. I hope you don't have to sensor yourself here at SR because of your wife.

I do think it's hilarious you told them to lecture each other and went to bed, well done my friend!!!!

We are here for you!
Oh, it is FAAARRRR worse than just "snooping."

Her lawyer was even going through Soberrecovery and cut and pasting my posts (and other folks) and quotes out and putting them into the Court Records -- as part of filings and depositions.

Total dirtbags.

Likely a violation of Terms of Service of using the site, as well as other ethics violations.

Figured I would let it run a while and see how afield things get. They are fairly far so.

At one point after I signed the kids and I up under the ACA (Affordable Care Act), her attorney was threatening to attempt to create fraud charges against me. Since Mrs. Hammer was supposed to get the kids insurance over 18 months ago when she started work, and then has refused to, and still had not -- me getting the kids and I the ACA coverage wrecked part of their claims game. So from my point of view that is an extort action against me.

Overall, the ethics are quite lacking. After I began to see the scope, depth and magnitude of all the "Victim" lies Mrs. Hammer has created . . . . (for folks not familiar with this type stuff -- BPD Central ), . . . and that the lawyer was trying to create a case based on those lies, it was pretty clear they were wack jobs.

But like I say, I figure I will let them run along a while, and then perhaps open up the names and characters, and request some assistance with ethics claims, and perhaps defamation.

All things work together for Good -- for those who love Go[o]d.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hammer, I too have an X (R?)A/Undiagnosed BPD. That's why I keep it pretty vague on this forum. He would have a field day. Not really worried, though, as everything is truthful.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't get how venting anonymously online qualifies as anything against you or even her.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
I think I've walked on eggshells for so long I'm just use to it. If he's in a bad mood, I'll tip toe around. I can't say that I do that because of him, I just grew up having to do that because of my dad. I think I've always been slightly intimidated by men because of him.

Anyway, thanks for you input, I appreciate it.
I grew up that way too. It was both my mom and dad. I never knew what I was in for. Somehow I managed to get myself into a relationship like that when I was in my early 20s. He had grown up that way too. I had a few years out on my own when I started dating him. Toward the end I felt myself changing and being pulled back in. He was my first love and it sucked. I just couldn't live like that anymore. I hope getting sober helps you husband. I would like to point out that neither of us drank much while we where together. It was solely damage done to both of us as kids. 10 years later I saw someone finally called the police on him. He didn't change.