SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Hi there! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/349403-hi-there.html)

LexieCat 10-31-2014 04:33 PM

Hi there!

Hey, guys, sorry it's been so long. Been busy with life--everything is good, just haven't had the time to keep up.

Nice to see so many familiar faces--hope everyone is well!

Can't promise how long I'll be sticking around but just wanted to say Hi while I'm in the neighborhood. :)

mischa1 10-31-2014 04:37 PM

WOW. eventually your life really gets better doesn't it? Good for you. It's good to see someone saying hi from their real life. Looking forward to having one of those again someday.

Dee74 10-31-2014 04:38 PM

Lexie! :wave:

D

Impurrfect 10-31-2014 04:54 PM

Great to see you, Lexie!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

LexieCat 10-31-2014 04:56 PM

Hey, Dee,

How's it goin'? Did I ever tell you about my trip to Fiji last year? It went great, apart from Air Fiji losing my luggage for five days. I was doing business dressed in my bug-proof shirt! (Not a lot of department stores where we were....) Oh, and I almost drowned, but other than that it was pretty great! :)

LexieCat 10-31-2014 04:58 PM

Hey Amy! Oh, and hi to mischa1--nice to meet ya.

Dee74 10-31-2014 04:58 PM

lol yeah you did tell me :)

D

Opivotal 10-31-2014 04:59 PM

Hi LexieCat!! So nice to hear from you. :)

LexieCat 10-31-2014 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4988347)
lol yeah you did tell me :)

D

See, that's what happens when you kill a lot of brain cells over the course of a drinking career. You start repeating yourself.

Being another year older doesn't help either.

Dee74 10-31-2014 05:11 PM

Tell me about it LOL

D

amy55 10-31-2014 05:47 PM

Hey Lexie, how ya doin? Wanted to watch that film you posted but my computer hates me this week.

Ever finish decluttering your house?

((((((((((hugs, and welcome back))))))))))))))

LexieCat 10-31-2014 05:54 PM

Hey amy! Yeah, house is mostly de-cluttered (I really should take some pictures), except I still have a paperwork knot in my office, and we are FINALLY putting down the new flooring in the basement! Once the flooring in the basement is done, I can get the last of the stuff organized (at least somewhat), and the only improvements left will be doing the bathrooms (which isn't exactly urgent--they are just dated and dingy). Oh, and I still need to replace the hardware on the kitchen cabinets, but the rest of the kitchen is done, and looks awesome. It's been a LONG haul--I sort of ran out of steam last winter and things kind of sat for a while. I did get a new gas furnace, though, and I actually LOVE getting my heating bill! The foundation problem persists--we are still (my lawyer and I) prodding the engineer to get the report finished (um, hello? It takes two and a half years to write a freakin' report? And a very expensive one, at that?). Sheesh.

How's your place?

FireSprite 10-31-2014 06:07 PM

Oh, yay!!!!! Lexiecat in the house!!!!

So happy to 'see' you! :)

LexieCat 10-31-2014 06:15 PM

Hey, Sprite! Love the new avatar--VERY powerful!

Oh, and I forgot to wave back at Opivotal. **Hi!!**

ShootingStar1 10-31-2014 06:24 PM

SO glad to hear from you!!!!! Missed you, and was a bit worried. Great to here that you are well and happy!!!!!!!

ShootingStar1

LexieCat 10-31-2014 06:26 PM

Hi, Star, good to see you, too!

Seren 10-31-2014 06:33 PM

Hey, Lexie! You sound well and happy...that's wonderful news!

LexieCat 10-31-2014 06:38 PM

Hey, Seren! Yup, life is mostly good--my problems, such as they are, are just the proverbial "life on life's terms." Annoying how life always gets its way!

marie1960 10-31-2014 09:01 PM

great to hear from you Lexie, I have been wondering about you!

Carlotta 10-31-2014 09:12 PM

It's good to hear from you Lexie :)

honeypig 10-31-2014 11:18 PM

Hi, Lexie--let me add my voice to the chorus here and say how glad I am to see you again!!

redatlanta 11-01-2014 04:11 AM

Hey Lexie good to see you! So glad life is going well.

HopefulinFLA 11-01-2014 04:25 AM

Hi Lexie! I'm so happy to see you're back! I've thought of you often and hoped that all was well.

You've been missed around here.

And congrats on 5 years sober. Awesome!

Jaeger 11-01-2014 06:22 AM

Great to see you back, Lexie!! I read here daily for months before registering and have missed you.

LexieCat 11-01-2014 09:15 AM

Wow, what a nice welcome-back! I missed all you guys, too--I just need to take a break every now and then. I can get a little obsessed with posting (not that anyone here would have noticed, lol).

And actually, I hit six years' sobriety this year! Man, can't believe it's been that long. Don't drink and don't die, and that's what happens. :)

Job is going great--doing some very interesting stuff and lots of travel. It's actually just about the right amount for me--some of my colleagues are on the road CONSTANTLY. My own travel averages about 1-2 times a month, which gives me time to regroup and decompress in between.

m1k3 11-01-2014 09:43 AM

Hi Lexie, long time no see. I miss your twisted sense of humor. :)

I've moved from NJ to Memphis, retired and now am spending lots of time with my grandsons. I like living someplace where people consider 50 cold.

Hope things keep going well and don't spend so much time away. We miss you.

Your friend,

LexieCat 11-01-2014 09:55 AM

Hey, Mike! Good to see you (and your Blue Moose) again, too!

Wow, Memphis. I haven't been to Tennessee yet, though we do occasionally do work in the Nashville area. It is cold and POURING rain here today. I stepped outside with my coffee, and it is one of those "crunchy" rains because of all the leaves on the ground. I'll tell ya, last winter I was REALLY happy that most days my commute involves walking upstairs with my pot of coffee.

I sometimes think about where I'd like to move someday--somewhere warmer is appealing, but I do love the East Coast--being within spitting distance of Philadelphia, NYC, DC... Maybe someday.

I'm so glad you get to spend time with the kiddos--that is awesome. My "baby" is 26 today, and the older one just turned 28. I look forward to grandkids someday, but neither of mine is quite up to being a parent just yet (though I think the older one is coming along nicely and is almost ready--at least he broke up with the abusive nutcase he was living with and now has a very nice g/f that I should get a chance to meet when I go out to Colorado at Christmas).