Having trouble with HIS recovery??

Old 08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Di
I really feel bad for you right now. I know how you feel. When my AH first started recovery (3+years ago) I felt he was always there and never home. I think when he was home he actually had to face the things that he had done while drinking. When he was with A friends they would all just relate to him as I never could because I was the one that he had done the most damage to. I think he blamed me for this somehow, and therefore ended up blaming our relationship for his drinking. WRONG. He drank because he is an A, same as you A. Don't let him put that guilt trip on you. We spend so much time thinking about their recovery that we get put on the back burner. Well move to the front girl and get to alanon meetings or read, post whatever you have to do to get yourself back to you. He is only 3 weeks into the program so I don't imagine he knows what he wants right now. Don't make any big decisions as he is not supposed to be making any major decisions for the 1st year either. Hang in there Di and think of what you can do to make it best for those boys and YOU. I don't think there is a "normal" recovery but then again I am an ACOA and I guess do not know what normal is. Anyway Di keep your head up and try to get a meeting in and keep posting. It is what keeps me going. HUGS.
ChillGal