I got the town home

Old 10-27-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got the town home

I am here to say that I have 2 more days till my divorce. Still very sad after so many years together with my AH, but this is Gods path for me, today. Maybe one day we can reconnect, but he has a lot of soul searching and work to do on himself. As i do to, since I have never been on my own. (together since I was 15 years old)

We will be closing on our home, November 12. I had put in an offer on a town home that I didn't get because of the sale of my home. Well this weekend I received notice that the sale fell through and the real state agent contacted me to see if I was still interested. So it is all falling into place, and i bought the town home. The people I am buying it from will rent it to me for the week or so till we can close, as the bank needed about 3 weeks to do the paper work. I am so excited but so sad to be moving forward with out him.

I am so aware that what I have been doing for ever has not helped him at all, as it probably made him worse. I know this is what I needed to do. I pray that one day he will reach out and get some help for his addictions. Now it is my time to do some garage saling and pick up some new things for my new home.

Thanks everyone for listening. I am always in misery here, for once things are finally turning around for me!!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! It's a new beginning. Embrace this as a time to learn about you and heal from all you have been through.

I wish you all the best of luck!

XXX
Old 10-27-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234
I put in an offer on a town home that I didn't get because of the sale of my home. Well this weekend I received notice that the sale fell through and the real state agent contacted me to see if I was still interested. So it is all falling into place, and i bought the town home.
This gave me chills! I remember reading your post about not getting the house so I am thrilled that things are working out for you.

I guess it's to be expected that it would be bittersweet with the reasons that make it necessary. ((((HUGS))))
Old 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new place, I hope you enjoy making it your own :-)
Old 10-27-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yah! I'm a firm believer in "things happen for a reason". A house that I really wanted got an offer on it a week before my divorce papers were finalzed. I was waiting to put the offer in, in case he stalled or backed out of the settlement agreement. It had been on the market for 5 months with no offers. I was dissapointed but I trust my HP to guide me. It wasn't the right one and perhaps there is a better one out there.

The deal fell through for you because it was meant to be. You now have a brand new start. Good luck with your move and hugs. Brighter, happier times are ahead for you. You are not alone. I am divorcing my ADH after 12 years. I wish you peace and serenity.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats maia. I love garage sales and flea markets. It's become a hobby for me, and I did furnish my house that way.

I'm so happy that everything is coming together for you.

(((((((hugs)))))))
amy
Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Woo hoo! Congratulations, maia! Buying your own home is an amazing step.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it!! I think you'll be happy in your new home--it seems like you will come into your own, somehow.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all your support. It means SO much to me!!

Divorce tomorrow and my AH just reached out to me asking me "if what we are doing tomorrow is right" .... Wow after all the hell he has put me through, and if divorce is right?

I told him that I will always love him but his addictions come first in his life and I choose to no longer live that way. That I have given it to God to choose my path. I know it is right but still hurts badly.

If I leave him and he gets sober - good for me
If I leave him and he doesn't get sober - good for me

((((((((((hugs to you all)))))))))))))
Old 10-28-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats- Enjoy the peace and serenity will soon fill your home.