Rehab lost AH's meds

Old 10-27-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Hey 'Bama, I think you're doing great, but I gently want to ask, what would happen if he were to be solely responsible for figuring this out? Accountability and responsibility are huge parts of recovery. I don't mean to imply we shouldn't help our spouses out when things go haywire, of course, but this is the kind of "life happens" thing that people deal with everyday, and the kind of things that addicts try to avoid dealing with everyday. Might there be some benefit for him to stepping back and allowing him to work this out on his own?
I understand where you're coming from. He did try and deal with it for three days with no luck. If everyone knew his cardiac history this may be easier understood.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
Agree with Sparkle, he is a big boy. Of course you are concerned and I realize heart meds are imperative, but.... He is in a medical setting and pending further investigation into what really happened. Let him sort through this and take the stress off you. This would be a great example of a curve ball life throws and he needs to learn to deal accordingly.
I can't speak for Bama, but my AH is in an impatient also. He is jam packed ALL DAY with meetings, personal therapy, groups, etc. He is really focusing on trying to learn as much as he can during his short stay. I know with his facility, it would be very difficult for him to figure out this specific situation in a few short days before he leaves like Bamas AH. There are so many different people that work there and everything is based off of schedules. He could have told a tech, who then would have reached out and told his clinician (in between his appts with other clients), who then would have tried to track down the medical department (in between their clients) and so on and so on...not to mention her H stressing about his life depending meds and not focusing on his last few days of treatment.

I agree about holding your AH accountable and letting them figure things out for themselves, but if I were put in your situation I would have done the exact same thing. My AH spent the first 3 days in inpatient going through the grapevine trying to figure out why he didn't have access to his money for extra food/drinks. I made one phone call and they were able to straighten it all out in 5 min. I'm sure your newly sober H is very grateful for you helping in this situation.

I'm glad everything worked out!