Progress! I deleted Jay from contacts

Old 10-23-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress! I deleted Jay from contacts

Yes, I did it. I deleted his number from my phone, my recent calls and all of his voice mails.

My visit with him last night enlightened me. It was sad. He is in bad shape. He looked like hell.

Jay had lots to say, almost non-stop convincing himself in front of me that I'm not what he is looking for. blah, blah,,,,,,,,

He attributed things to me that I never said or even thought. It made me cry. I corrected some but it was no use. He was finish and invited me to leave. I hadn't said anything yet, which was why I went to his house.

I told him I loved him. Honestly, I am concerned for his life.

His birthday is tomorrow. I am torn up about it.

I'm going to Al-anon tonight and tomorrow night. I am a mess. At least now I can't call him. Yea!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((Hugs))))))))))

It's terrible to love an addict. You can love him from a distance. It's God's turn to take care of him. Let him go. I Blocked my stbxah number also. But you can see in messages under blocked calls if they left messages mine left 2 messages.

I am so sorry for your pain. I feel it everyday also.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So I was torn up about a card for his birthday.

After Al-anon meeting I stopped at CVS. Found a card that was true to how I feel about him. I drove to his house. Signed the card and slid card into the door jam at the front door. About 5 mins into my drive home, I thought, holy crap, what are you doing??

I don't want a relationship with him! Don't humiliate yourself, go back and get that card!

So I did. I got it, drove off and at the stop light ripped the darned thing in half. He doesn't give a crap about me. Thank goodness I came to my senses. I've been so torn about his birthday, can't wait until tomorrow is over.

Oh, it's already tomorrow. Happy Birthday Jay. I think I'm going to a meeting tomorrow then a movie. This weekend I might go see my daughter.....several hours from here. Keep busy, keep busy, keep busy.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Felicia, thanks for sharing this! Stay strong woman!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good move on retrieving the card. No need to engage him at all. Go full no contact if this is what you want.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today. Sending you strength and peace and hoping you have a beautiful day that is ALL ABOUT YOU!!
Old 10-24-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you! Stay the course. Be strong!