Addict Friend...Stalker?

Old 10-23-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addict Friend...Stalker?

I am just livid and need to talk to someone............

I have posted before about a friend of mine who is very addicted to pain meds and xanax (and who knows what else).

I am really struggling with all of the anxiety she is causing by blowing up my phone and pounding on my door at night. I will have 60 days sober on Saturday and will be d@mned if she is going to take that from me....but right now, after 5 phone calls (which I refuse to answer anymore) I am having a really hard time........................

I have asked nicely...twice now for her to just give me time in my early sobriety, and told her I would call her when I was ready to talk. I know there is really no talking to a person in active addiction. My brother was an alcoholic and I know what I went through with him. I also know how I was. I don't know how drugs affect you differently?

I am seriously thinking of calling the cops to report her for stalking. She just will not back off and I am out of my head with stressing out about this!!!!!!!!!! I have known her for many years and really don't know if I could do this, but I am at a total loss here. She needs help, but I just can't do that anymore.........
Old 10-23-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your sobriety! If she can't appreciate you working on yourself, here are some suggestions block her phone number, you can also get a temporary restraining order to prevent her from coming by your apartment: sounds like sabotage to me~
Old 10-23-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is a free ap u can download to block callerrs and texts..its called. Call detective
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second the congrats on your sobriety!

She sounds like a nut. I would tell her you are going to report her to the police if she contacts you even one more time, and if she does, I would do it. You deserve peace and happiness!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Warn her one more time. Then file a personal protection order. It is really easy and works like a charm

I had to do it once and the person finally figured out I was serious