2 Al-anon & 2 AA meetings

Old 10-20-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Al-anon & 2 AA meetings

This past weekend I've been to meetings. I need them to help me heal from the pain I feel over the breakup of with AB.

The meetings keep me busy. He is done with me. Can't seem to turn my heart off like he's done. I just spoke to him, I am crushed. What can I do with my broken heart and dreams?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First off, you can stop speaking to him. No new contact = no new hurts. People who break up are not really suited to try to be "friends" immediately afterward.

Second, give it time. This just happened. You are not going to feel better overnight. The more you can focus on yourself and surrounding yourself only with people who love you and make you feel good to be around, the more you will move forward.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think when I hurt the way you are hurting right now it's because I felt my love was rejected by the person I loved.

When in fact it was addiction.

Addiction doesn't let its hostage love anything but it.

I'm so sorry for your pain, but I can assure you the pain will lessen as you start to take care of you and your heart.

Give this one to god if you can. Repeat that serenity prayer.. Visualize your loved one safe in his hands and see if your pain lessens.

It will get better.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Everything honeypig said. Every time you talk to him will be like tearing a scab off the wound again. (((hugs)))
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Felicia, You can love him from a distance. Try the NC as it does work. I blocked my stbxah from my phone because he constantly hangs up on me. I actually feel good that he cant contact me because then I don't dread the phone calls. (surprisingly).

I know it hurts and you cant get him out of your mind. Keep reading SR and see all the hurt people here that love addicts. You are not Alone. We are here to support you. If you feel like calling him, send us a message here and we will talk you out of it. As I am sure you will regret it anyway. Go to alanon meetings, Open AA meetings. Reach out to the Alcoholic forum as there is a lot of great AA members there that can give you their perspective and tell you to leave him alone.

Good luck and stay strong
Old 10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're right, keep moving. We codependents become obsessional about alcoholics, they are our booze. Stop the contact, it will only make things worse.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks again to all of you. I will not contact him again.