Something's changing within me.....

Old 04-25-2002, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Something's changing within me.....

I went to my meeting last night and as always I didn't want it to end. I could have stayed there all night. The feeling I get is undescribable.

I have felt something different within me for the last couple of days. I don't know - it's like I have this happy tingle feeling inside. I feel this sense of peace within myself. I looked in the mirror this morning and for the first time I liked who I saw in the reflection. Wow....that was me!! I took time for myself last night. I went to exercise then went to my meeting, picked up the kids, went home gave them a bath, put them to bed and sat down with candles lite and read my book. I can not ever remember doing that if I have it's been a very long time.

I'm changing and it feels great! I'm finally growing in the direction I want. I saw Mark yesterday and I didn't let his cross looks or his mood bother me. Before, I would have felt sad, angry, and guilty all at the same time and probably would have let my anger get the best of me and start yelling and screaming at him but this time I didn't I had self control. Actually, he didn't bother me at all. It was weird! Not a feeling I'm used too!

I think that in the past I wasn't happy unless I had all this drama in my life. That was draining and I felt exhausted all of the time. I am the one that kept the roller coaster going. I now realize that I expected Mark and myself to be perfect and I had such high expectations that subconciously I set him up to fail. Both Mark and I are both co-addicts and co-dependants. He's an alcoholic and I am a shopping addict.

I truely believe if you surrender to your HP then you'll be lead down the right path. I'm not saying I won't have bad days and that there's not going to be hills to climb because I know I still have alot of work ahead of me but it's just getting easier every new day!

Thought I would share with you guys!

Galnva
Old 04-25-2002, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.pigsnpoof.com/wavs/a/alleluia.wav">
I have noticed the change. I'm happy for you! Good work!

[This message has been edited by Morning Glory (edited April 25, 2002).]

Old 04-26-2002, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
notthemaid64

Morning Glory:

I am very happy for you! Reading your story tells me that I can also feel this way, we all can. Keep it up girl! God Bless!
V

Originally posted by Morning Glory:
<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.pigsnpoof.com/wavs/a/alleluia.wav">
I have noticed the change. I'm happy for you! Good work!

[This message has been edited by Morning Glory (edited April 25, 2002).]