Been feeling a lot better

Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been feeling a lot better

So like miraculously for the last 2 days I haven't been angry, have been far less anxious and less worried. I am trying to put my finger on it. For one, I stepped way back from RAH and for 2, when I do my gratitude list at the end of the day, his name went to the last spot (grateful for him being sober) and I put myself #1. But 2 days of that wouldn't make me feel like this.

3 weeks ago, I restarted this new antidepressant Brintellix. I had been on it for a month before but couldn't afford the co pay since its a brand new med and of course brand name only. Last time I saw my psychiatrist I told her this and she just gave me like 3 months worth of samples. This would be the right amount of time for it to kick in. It's nice to finally be on medication that works.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing better! I think your getting out and doing some things to take care of yourself must be helping as well. I haven't heard of this medication, going to look it up,
Old 10-16-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of my docs described antidepressants as the tow truck that pulls you back on the road so you can assess the damage to your car and evaluate what needs to be fixed in order for you not to end up in the ditch again.

I loved that description, because that's what antidepressants did for me: They didn't fix any of the problems I was facing; they didn't make me happy -- they just put me back on the road, and gave me enough energy back that I could start handling things.

I'm so glad you're feeling better!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
One of my docs described antidepressants as the tow truck that pulls you back on the road so you can assess the damage to your car and evaluate what needs to be fixed in order for you not to end up in the ditch again.

I loved that description, because that's what antidepressants did for me: They didn't fix any of the problems I was facing; they didn't make me happy -- they just put me back on the road, and gave me enough energy back that I could start handling things.

I'm so glad you're feeling better!
Yep. I've been on and off psych meds for over a decade now but never really followed through with therapy like I should have. I know I have to do it now. There is no way I would have made any progression with how I was feeling before though.

I actually have a pretty bad mood disorder for which I have been taking a mood stabilizer for a while. Just needed that anti depressant boost I guess
Old 10-17-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love that description lilamy.