He erased all our memories...

Old 10-11-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He erased all our memories...

Today is a day of mixed blessings. Yesterday STBEAH agreed to settlement, which will allow me to move on to a beautiful new home in the country, with a great garden for the dogs and a cosy, peaceful feel to it to help me recover. I get the keys before Christmas. This is a true blessing, and I am relieved. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. BUT he finally admitted that all my family photographs of my son, all his baby photos including the only ones he had of his real Dad, my parents, all my old school photos, cards my mum got when we were born...... have been 'disposed of'. This is an act of pure revenge, although he maintains it was a 'genuine error'. I had to call my son last night and tell him, it is one of the saddest things I have ever had to do, knowing that he and his future partner in life will never be able to sit down together and go through his early memories. He'll never have anything to show to his kids. He and I took a road trip across the US when he was 8 after his Dad died. It was our way of creating some beautiful memories at a time of sorrow. He called me back later yesterday evening and suggested we do that trip again next year - Pacific Coast Highway, Arizona, New York. He says he'll do the driving this time and promises not to moan! He's also contacted our local newspaper who print school photos and have an archive, to see if we can get some prints back. I've put out a FB appeal to friends who have old photos to scan them to us. So yes, I am very blessed in so many ways. Bitter, no. Regrets, plenty. Most of all, I am glad I wake up every morning being me, and not him. I am surrounded by the love of friends and family. He is lonely and bitter. As they say, living well is the best revenge.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your memories cannot be erased. I am a big picture person too so I understand the sadness. Just know it was a very small price to pay for the beginning of your new life. Focus on that.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Brindie....Grrrr....I know so many people that this or similar has happened to at the dismantling of the relationship!! This includes my children's father, also. He took so many pictures that I will never see again.
I try to not even think about it....cause I don't want to dwell and be bitter, either. (It happened a very long time ago). I almost never even think about him.

I sure do understand how you feel about that, though.....

dandylion
Old 10-11-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry. My dad did the same thing to my mom after she left him. Not just pix, but grade school artwork and holiday decorations we had made.
Time to make some lovely new memories. Hugs to you.