Blue eyes

Old 10-03-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blue eyes

Hi all. Feel I have to vent this. So a few weeks ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby. I let the xab be there on the condition he was sober. A few hours after baby was born he still has to start a fight. He looks at our baby and says " he has blue eyes, I don't have blue eyes and you don't. So can you explain this and how he is mine"? Are they really this immature and feel they need to pick a fight? Or maybe he's still bitter that I left him an will use anything to get at me? Thanks for reading. Xx
Old 10-03-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.
Now, put all your energy into loving the little baby and don't mind the plonker!
Or, as they say around here, take a "whole lot of no notice"!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tell Mr High IQ there that all babies are born with eyes that appear blue, and their eye colour changes in the first year Why Babies Are Born with Blue Eyes

Also if you both have brown eyes, very simply 2 brown eyed parents can produce a blue eyed baby!!

Concentrate on that bundle of love and ignore him.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. I didn't even feel I needed to defend myself on his comment. Just ignored it.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I guess no one ever told him that all babies are born with blue eyes. I have two blue eyed sons who are the joy of my life.
On a practical note, if he refuses to sign an acknowledgement of paternity (or whatever the equivalent is where you live) it means you will need to establish paternity by DNA testing for child support purposes. I know you've got a lot going on now, but get the ball rolling on that as soon as you can. I dithered around with the child support thing and lost out on a lot of money because I was trying to play nice with my ex.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you were able to ignore him, and I'm sorry he muddled your joy.

Congratulations on your new baby!!! Mmmm... I smile when I remember that new baby smell when they're freshly bathed. Enjoy!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know don't they smell just lovely :-). He tends to chop and change is mind on whether he's the father or not. Some days I'm the mega Bitch from he'll who's taken his son away from him as I finished the relationship. And some days I'm a ***** who cheated. Which ever way he's a victim lol. No surprise there! I tend to not let it get to me than to listen to the bull that comes out of his mouth. I have better things to do with my time than engage in his silly accusations. Xx
Old 10-03-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As long as the baby's eyes aren't bloodshot and runny (like da-da), I wouldn't let Mr. Quackasaurus wreck your special time.

He's just PO'd that someone else is getting your attention.

Congrats to you!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am a Catholic, but am going to have to change my religion now. OY VEH!!!!!

I hope you don't have to try and explain science to an obtuse drunk from now on. I also hope you can get as far away from this individual as possible so your child does not suffer from having an alcoholic parent.

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats!!
Haha TalenCrowHaven! Too funny!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Are they really this immature ..... ?
Yes. Immaturity, poor judgement, selfishness are hallmarks of active alcoholism.

Congratulations! Your life is much better off without the alcoholic.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Dodge congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. You seem to have a realistic take on XABFs maturity. Listen to Ladyscribbler re child support though.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ditto on the child support. Most states will only make it retroactive to the date you filed. So if you wait 6 months, you lose that 6 months. And after you file, it can take many months to go to court & get the order. My jurisdiction takes 10-12 months to go to court (I do this for a living).
Enjoy your baby, but file ASAP
Old 10-03-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You sound so like you have so much clarity for being in the thick of the early newborn stages! Good for you! And congratulations on that beautiful baby boy!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

that anyone could be anything but in pure RAPTURE at the birth of a baby is simply beyond comprehension. who could possibly pick a FIGHT seeing the glorious perfection of new life?

I hope his chances to be around this child are reduced. he isn't worthy. he doesn't GET IT.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Congratulations Dodge. Both on your sweet little baby and on the fact that the AB is an "X"AB. You don't need that fool in your life.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone he really is a beautiful baby :-) How anyone could possibly not want to love and care for their own is beyond me I don't understand and don't want to understand his reasons. I hear what your saying about child support. But I kinda think what's the point? It's only another reason for him to make contact as I know he'd feel by me taking money he'd have that right. And tbh he doesn't have any to give me. It's wrong I know but I'm.not dealing with a normal person. And yes I made sure he's not in visiting distance lol. Xx
Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

As I know he would only use the baby to see me. I don't think he has it in to care or love another....very sad. Xx
Old 10-04-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Child support and custody are separate issues. My ex pays child support even though I live in another state and he never gets to see our son.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes I know I should. But over here the most I'd get from him is 5 pounds a week. So I think for the agro it would cause is it really worth it? Xx