from exabf to dear friend

Old 10-03-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry I don't have the answers as am new to this and wouldn't attempt to comment : what struck me about your post though was the statement you made; that you learnt you could give yourself the things you kept hoping he would give you-that is so powerful and a huge ,healthy change in thinking-from helplessness to personal power: I love that-thank you.You are doing good.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Christopher1, I think I read that in a book I read called "How to Break Your Addiction to a Person" by Howard Halpern. It was powerful to my recovery also and I'm glad it was helpful to you too. Check out the book if you can. It was an eye opener for me and I like passing it on to others who may benefit from reading it. Thanks for posting and welcome to SR.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for that. If I could give myself just one thing ,it would be peace of mind-something I have probably never had from or with my partner and that is scarey.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Christopher1, if you can find peace of mind with yourself first you will find peace of mind with others. It's a great gift but not easy. It all begins with you but worth the journey to get there. Sounds like you are taking the first steps and that is a good place to start!