My best friend/boyfriend chose alcohol over me

Old 09-28-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

1. Pour you heart out in a letter.....say everything you would like to unburden from your heart. Then, take it to the edge of the woods or a body of water, etc...... And, then read the letter to the universe...out loud. Go ahead and cry, scream, sob,...whatever you feel deep inside. Know that the Universe will respond to your anguish. (I say universe when some others may say god or higher power).

thank you for this, I too have been struggling with the urge to tell the XA how I am feeling. This seems a great way of letting it all out / go
Old 09-29-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I will try the letter. I am also trying to read Codependent No More, which is tough in grad school. There is already so much work to do. But I will work through it slowly. I have my first therapy appointment tomorrow; I really need it.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just spoke on the phone to my ex. Only for about 15 minutes. He explained that he was not mad at me, that he understood that I needed to take care of myself, and that it's difficult to love someone who doesn't love himself.

I told him that I didn't want to erase 13 years, but I understood that we cannot be what we wanted for each other. I told him that I'm not mad at him, either, but hope he takes care of himself.

At the moment, I'm feeling better.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What reason did you give him to be mad at you?

Awfully big of him to let you walk away with that off your conscience.

You have had your say. The best thing now is no contact.
You realize untagging the photos was to get you to engage. It's called manipulation.

You sound like a smart girl with a bright future. Time to find some new friends.