chat room

Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

chat room

Is it possible for F&F people to meet in the chat room for support? and how does one do so - it would be helpful for me if there are others who would like to meet there today or at any other time - just need directions.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

hi Kassie . Its not really a good thing to do off the internet . I understand your seki support . It mite be a wiser choice to attend say AA or another recovery program where you can get that F2F support .. ~ huggles Endzy ~
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've logged into the chats here before, but the focus is primarily on recovering alcoholics rather than friends and/or family of those addicted. I checked before posting this and the Al-Anon room is empty as usual.

There are other sites that offer chat rooms and mettings for those who prefer online or are in an area where face to face meetings aren't easily attended.

I attended online meetings fand chats or a time and gained a lot from it especially when I was with my XABF and needed more direct discussion over issues I was having.

IMO, we are all quite quick to lend ESH here on this forum that maybe chats are needed as often.

Check under the FAQ heading at the top for info about logging into chats if you're still interested.

Alice
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

I must of miss read your post , Im sooo sorry .. I thought I read meeting off from chat .. ( must of needed more coffee . again appoligies . Endzy
Old 09-24-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this is my first time on any sight , i am finding it hard to find any help or advise for a person who is having to live with an alcoholic and the way they behave and control your life.
i am at the worst place in my life that i can be , 16 years of living with my alcoholic partner, and her cocaine addicted son , i live with constent lies , deseption, remorse, and the constent sorry i will not do it again . it is now controlling my life , it is affecting my life my health my finances. can not cope with this anymore but am trapped in this cycle.
ther is no hope , no advise, can not speak to family or friends because of the shame.
want to leave but cannot afford to financialy. just trapped in this horrible existance,
is thereanyone who can point me in the direction of help please.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

there seems to be more help and assistance for the alcoholic than the family or partners.
alcoholics are selfish self centred people, they cannot see the harm they do to us .
i am finding things difficult to deal with at the momment i can not talk to family or friends i
am too ashamed i have allowed myself to get in this situation. my work is affected my health is affected, my mental state is affected , i am trapped in this hell of lies , excuses
sorry's, living with this person i love but no longer know , she is when sober the kindest sweetest person i know , but alcohol destroys that, i am begining to hate her with a vengence dont want to stay and watch her kill herself, and kill her relationship with her family , she seems hell bent on doing that and i can no longer cope , i am trapped in this hell hole of a life .
Old 09-24-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sure about the chat room, but the Friends and Family forum is very active. Most posts here get a response within a few minutes, especially if it's a newcomer. Just noticed this thread is over 4 years old. Ppeetteerr, you might want to start a new thread and introduce yourself, explain some of your situation. For now, welcome. Sorry for what brings you here, but this is the right place to start looking for help. Alanon meetings are another great resource for more face to face support, especially if you don't want to share with your real life friends and family right now.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks ladyscribbler told you my head is not in this place right now
Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi peter welcome.very sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time. We have all been where you are. It can be a very lonely place but with sites like this and al anon you needn't be. I was in the same position as you where I didnt want to tell my family or friends what was going on but you don't have to suffer on your own.keep posting you'll get great advice and support here
Old 09-24-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am a girlfriend of a heroin addict. I have found a lot of support in the chats. No one judges.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ppeetteerr

There's a lot of us alcoholics here but a lot of us (including yours truly) have experience on both sides.

There really is enough support to go around for everyone

If there's a number of you that want to meet at a pre-determined time and chat about FandF issues in the chat room, there's nothing stopping you

D
Old 09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi ppeetteerr!!

As Dee suggested above, you're always welcome to use the Chat Room.

We have a F&F room that's available 24/7.