Pls help me with the intensity of the anger

Old 09-25-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sallytaylor-

I agree with so much that was written above.

For me as a stuffer of all emotions for many years it was finally FEELING anger that was a turning point in my recovery. I needed a lot of support around it from therapy, I used it as a topic at Al-Anon etc.

Just a warning for me the anger started around alcohol and an affair my husband had, but it ran much deeper than that. It was family of origin stuff, work stuff etc. I could not just feel it for one and be done with it......

It has taken time for me to work through it (not done yet), but it is worth it.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

m1k3 and LifeRecovery - I put "buy a journal" on my To Do list for this weekend. :-) I think that will help a lot. Even writing it down here on SR helped b/c it allowed me to get it out of my head.

I also think you are right that as I begin the hard work to face the issues I will find lots of deep anger beyond this latest alcoholic cheating debacle. I grew up with a biological father and a stepfather and have had 2 husbands and 4 different last names from all of this- I don't even know where to begin in figuring out who I am. It's been very lonely and confusing over the years, with each episode feeling worse than the previous one. But, I'm finally ready to face it.

M1K3 - congrats on burning those journals!!! tHat is such an awesome step and symbolic of your progress that you no longer needed them :-)

And to all the posters whose kitties and pooches have helped them get through - my kitten and elderly dog have been such a comfort. I go to sleep spooning my dog and I feel safer in her arms than I ever did in my XAH's arms...