too far gone alcoholics?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Can someone give me links to alcoholic metal illnesses FYI she stills calls me when she is sober begging to talk to me but I wont answer. The order says she can have contact but I cannot
Old 09-21-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Can you ever help a alcoholic that is too far gone?

certainly not when the courts awarded them a TWO YEAR protection order AGAINST YOU.

to be blunt, grab a clue. you need to stay away from her, stay out of her life, her business.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

No alcoholic is too far gone that stopping drinking, working a solid program, will enormously change their lives. However, it's clear this person doesn't want help from you, at least at this time. So respect her wishes and stay gone.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Rehabs are just geography without access to the drug of choice if there is no authentic recovery going on between the head and the heart of the A.

Abstinence is not recovery. True authentic recovery is the ONLY course of ACTION that has a slim chance of sticking and the A must embrace change...changing everything.

Dual diagnosis of mental illness plus addiction is unbelievably difficult and your finding a lifetime of happiness with someone with those challenges without a recovery plan and professional help is more rare than finding 10 Hope diamonds in your backyard today.

You are obsessing on this woman...they are addicted to alcohol and we become addicted to them and their "issues"...

To thine ownself be true... unless you learn how to rein in your brain you will not find your way out of this anguish of this lost toxic relationship.

Therapy, books, this website, alanon...rinse and repeat and cast down thoughts that keep going back to the well of poison.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Hopeworks View Post
Rehabs are just geography without access to the drug of choice if there is no authentic recovery going on between the head and the heart of the A.

Abstinence is not recovery. True authentic recovery is the ONLY course of ACTION that has a slim chance of sticking and the A must embrace change...changing everything.

Dual diagnosis of mental illness plus addiction is unbelievably difficult and your finding a lifetime of happiness with someone with those challenges without a recovery plan and professional help is more rare than finding 10 Hope diamonds in your backyard today.

You are obsessing on this woman...they are addicted to alcohol and we become addicted to them and their "issues"...

To thine ownself be true... unless you learn how to rein in your brain you will not find your way out of this anguish of this lost toxic relationship.

Therapy, books, this website, alanon...rinse and repeat and cast down thoughts that keep going back to the well of poison.
You will not fix her she will not fix you. Recovery is an inside job. From your description I do not believe the relationship could be much more over than it is.

It is time to get yourself well
Old 09-21-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by vttodd View Post
Can someone give me links to alcoholic metal illnesses FYI she stills calls me when she is sober begging to talk to me but I wont answer. The order says she can have contact but I cannot
Just did. Go out to about 6:30 on this.

The impacts of alcoholism on family members and friends - Al-Anon interview with Dr. George Koob - YouTube

So change your number and/or get a RO against her.

You are really not too stupid to solve this.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well -- one thing you could do is to report that she is contacting you. Because if she has a restraining order against you, contacting you constitutes "baiting" -- I've never heard of a court order that allows the person requesting the order to contact the person she has the order against. I don't think that's right.