So not good at this

Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So not good at this

Ah has been gone all week for business. Home tonight. I was looking forward to some family time and maybe having a break! Haha nope. He's downstairs because I would "never understand how he feels with all the stuff he haa to deal with" and "when it rains it pours"

Well buddy I just had a whole week with just me and the kids, dance lessons, daycare, overtime at work. Ds won't stay in his bed past 1 am and kicks and pees thru his diapers. I change him two or three times a night. . I am exhausted. I got my fair share of crap at work today, by 9 am I was emotionally ready to come home and bawl.

That doesn't matter, however. All that matters is he feels bad. He wanted tonight for himself. After four hours of his alone time I had it and told him I don't expect to be an only parent when he's at home.

I'm trying to detach and use al anon but it seems to me both of those things just allow Ah to continue what he is doing and allow me to feel taken advantage of? I'm tired of this. We had such a good week, even tho he was gone he was supportive and now I ruined it because I got upset.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, that you can not have your alone time. For me, as the kids got older I learned that I get pleanty alone time when I announce it's time to wash dishes or do chores. Suddenly there is homework to do and showers to be taken. Even a sudden onset of a stomach ache!

Ahhhhhh I will take it! I will gladly do the dishes in peace
Old 09-19-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can identify, I worked full time and still had to do everything for the kids and house myself because my special snowflake husband was tired or had a bad day (every day). I built up a lot of rage that unfortunately took years to deal with and required a divorce to fully get over.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh yeah. If I was tired he was comatose, if I was sad he was suicidal, if I had a headache he had a migraine.
Poor baby.
It is utterly exhausting and infuriating to be the only adult in the house. Especially when one of the "children" is a grown man, special snowflake or not, lol.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
special snowflake
Ok. I like that.

Special Snowflake.

Sounds better than Drama Time Princess.