Last Meeting with the Attorney

Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last Meeting with the Attorney

So I had my last meeting with the mediation attorney, yesterday. I am just plain tired. I am walking away with only my respect and dignity. I am not going to continue to fight for support or anything else. I am just exhausted dealing with this A. I think he feels he won now that I am walking away. He left me a note this am stating that "I love you and always want to be able to help you. I guess i need to take care of myself now. Wish I could always be married to you. Love, AH" "P.S. scared, very much".

The more money he has, the more he will drink, the sooner he will get help or die.... I guess he is on his own. I have "helped" him for to long.

The attorney said if we sign off by Friday, she will get us the divorce decree by Monday. Thirty four years together, and it will finally be over. So bitter sweet, I hate that I still love him and want my husband and family back. I keep reading over and over, all your comments that I am better off without him, the sooner it happens the better. I wish I didn't cry so much and feel sorry for myself. I wish there was a magic pill to make this all go away and my life better.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think walking away with respect and dignity is an awesome twosome

You didn't let him take that from you and that is huge.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know the feeling. I just had my last meeting too. Its bittersweet. I will be glad when the process is over and I can finally move on. My STBXAH wont stop drinking either. I was hoping the divorce would be the final push but it doesnt seem so. We just have to let go and what will be will be.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry for you unsureoffuture. I also was hoping he would see the light and get some help. From my husbands note this am, he is afraid also, but now he doesn't have to worry about paying me a dime. I pray for it to end, but am so afraid of it ending. Just stinks!!
Old 09-17-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I hope you get closure.

XXX
Old 09-17-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

maja.....think of it like this.....you are afraid of the future unknown. That is pretty normal--we humans tend to lean that way.

HOWEVER....as you go forward, the future unfolds as the known (no longer unknown).
As it becomes the "known".....your fears will vanish like the dew in the morning sun.

dandylion
Old 09-17-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think walking away with respect and dignity is an awesome twosome

You didn't let him take that from you and that is huge.
Those are things that cannot be replaced. Everything else can. You be proud of yourself. And take care of yourself.