I'm Jessica!

Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Jessica!

Hi, I'm Jessica and I'm a raging CO dependent!

Okay, I'm not really Jessica! But I am a CO dependent and I might as well be Jessica.

I just started reading the "CO dependent no more" book and I swear I'm the girl in Jessica's story. I swear I am! I'm her. They took my story and put in the book.Lol

Why am I so excited about this? It's strange but I feel really good that I'm not alone in my experiences out feedings.

And maybe just maybe I'm not so crazy?

I think who ever suggested I get a new high lighter was right! I've got my note book out and an on a mission now. Lol

Thanks everyone for suggesting this book to me. I feel like I actually got in. But the best place to fit in. But, I'm here regardless. Lol
Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Answers feel good, don't they? It's really awesome when you start to piece together what's been happening in your life and the role that you've been playing too. Keep reading, keep learning. It's gets better and easier.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I felt more powerful as well: not only was the problem me but the solution was in my hands. I turned my will over to folks at Alanon and began the path to sanity.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 09-11-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had the same thought Spia when I started reading it last week! I wanted to show Jessica's story to others and say "see, this is how my life was."
Old 09-11-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The more and more I read and learned about my situation, the more it just all made sense. Alcoholism and codependency are baffling. I too was Jessica!!! When I first came here my life seemed to be chaos and out of control. Good for you for taking the first steps and learning. It will all start to make sense soon and then you can use the tools to change things. Welcome!!