God Never Gives You More Than You Can Handle

Old 09-12-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mfanch View Post
I see people "get" more than they can handle...all the time. It is what it is. Life on life's terms.

We can only change our perceptions, thoughts, and actions. That is where the work is.
Interesting thread. I couldn't think of what to say so I haven't, lol.

This sums up my thoughts very succinctly though - Thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Stung View Post

Goodness, that was rude. I hope you realize that you weren't tasked with either chore and you're inability to do either is not a reflection of you.
Wow. Did not see that as a rude thing -- I read that as Stung Does Not Need the Help of a 1000 Well Wishers. Stung will find Stung's Path in Stung's Way and Stung's Time. But you may be correct.

In that Book of Job -- Job has to endure everyone coming by and telling him all of what is not right about him, as well. CJ may be shocked, but I am starting to see Job as a comedy.

You know the story of the 3 Blind Men going to "see" the Elephant? First walks up to the trunk and grabs it -- and says "The Elephant! It is like the branch of a tree!" Second walks up and feels the side -- "The Elephant is like a large wall!" Third walks up to the tail and announces -- "The Elephant is like a rope!"

You know which was correct? None and All of them. The Elephant is Much Larger than any of us. You are getting the shouts of 100 of us "Blind Men," all telling you how we see the Elephant. Real Deal -- I think you are going to have to march down to the Zoo and see the Elephant for yourself.

[whisper pray -- Please Open Stung's eyes, that she may see You!]

I am very open minded when it comes to hearing what you believe.
Complete agree. You are very open, considerate, and kind in all this. Thank You.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Eh, Hammer - it could be The Book of Job is a comedy.

For me, Stung, the most powerful thing about giving my HP 'stuff' to hold on to was it wasn't like I was doing particularly well as a Type A control freak Codie. Might as well try letting 'God' hold on to some big issues for me. At first it just quelled much of the worry. All that tiring, mind numbing worry slowed way down. Also meditating helps clear my mind - even if I doze off I have rested and stopped the overthinking.

Last night I was in a poetry class and one classmate did. It understand how to edit her poem after getting all kinds of great feedback. "You just play! See you already made some edits listening to us!' This is CREaTIVE you get to make up what works for Ms. Stung!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I can see why that came across rude, my apologies.

It was just my way of saying you have to arrive at your own conception, conclusions etc.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whalebelow2 View Post
I can see why that came across rude, my apologies.

It was just my way of saying you have to arrive at your own conception, conclusions etc.
Thank you, that was very nice of you. I missed your intended meaning, one of the major drawbacks of Internet communication.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I have a problem with that phrase also. A few months back I did my research and found this touching article.... Hope u like it!

God will give you more than you can handle: I guarantee it. | all our lemmony things
Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just-world hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^
Old 09-17-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Jacrazz, thanks!! That was one of the first links that I read when I did my initial Google search. I like reading stories about people who have life harder than I do because its a fast way to put my own woes into perspective, and watching someone you love slowly and painfully die is so much harder than anything that I'm experiencing or have ever experienced. I really appreciated her honest post and the comments that people had left her too.

Florence, I know you're atheist but do you believe in karma?

I'm still very much trying to pinpoint exactly what I do and don't believe as it pertains to God, but I feel like justice really is synonymous with karma and the concept of a just world. It's easy for me to question the God concept but I think I do blindly subscribe to the notion that karma exists. One way or another, if people do bad things that the universe is going to screw them. The idea of a just world for some reason reminds me of the story of The Monkey's Paw and it kind of reminds me of economics for some reason too. I do think that life is just, I think that we just don't like the means in how things balance. Further, sometimes I try to dictate exactly how things are going to balance and that is a lot of exhausting work.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I think a lot of people put to much emphasis on karma and the universe "getting people back" for what they have done.

I think we people have way more power than we use - and that the vast majority of what happens to us bad or good happens because of choices we have made. Not because we are lucky or unlucky or inherently good or bad.

We ignore red flag. We miss opportunities and we don't try as hard as we could.

That bad things will eventually happen to bad people is inertia don't you think?

And how many times have we the subjects of poor behavior or actions done nothing about it? Turned face, decided we could' deal with it, hoped it would change, and the like and thought "why is this happening to me"? I would say a lot.

If your spouse/partner/loved one is an alcoholic who drives regularly is a DUI karma or is it just statistics that eventually it is going to happen? My RAH never got a DUI. I got one 20 years ago and I am not an alcoholic. Where is the fairness there? What is the Karma? There is none. I drove drunk and got popped - he got chronic pancreatitis and diabetes from alcoholism. I'd rather be me.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I think we people have way more power than we use - and that the vast majority of what happens to us bad or good happens because of choices we have made. Not because we are lucky or unlucky or inherently good or bad.

We ignore red flag. We miss opportunities and we don't try as hard as we could.

That bad things will eventually happen to bad people is inertia don't you think?

And how many times have we the subjects of poor behavior or actions done nothing about it? Turned face, decided we could' deal with it, hoped it would change, and the like and thought "why is this happening to me"? I would say a lot.
Yes, this exactly! I don't believe in karma as a supernatural force, more that doing good things nets good results. Doing bad things nets bad results. If you're positive, proactive, kind, and generous, you will have an overall happier life -- for a LOT of internal and external reasons -- than someone who is negative, reactive, stingy, and cruel.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I think of karma/dharma in terms of relating to ME & ME alone - it's not like standardized testing that we can compare from one to another. It's personal for me, related specifically to MY life, MY life path, MY life lessons & yes, definitely MY choices. I don't believe we are at the mercy of whatever is thrown our way - we directly influence it by our decisions/free will.

But I also believe that the scope of our vision is short in terms of knowing what ultimately IS right/wrong for us - we can't always know the WHYs, sometimes it comes into play so far down the road that we could have never, ever predicted it in the moment when it becomes part of our world.

One of the things I bear in mind is that fair is not always equal.... which is why we can't compare our blessings or "punishments" to what others receive.

Of course, I also believe in my soul's journey existing beyond this singular lifetime - so for me, my karma/dharma is tied to more that just these 80 or so years on Earth in this lifetime.