Looked at his FB

Old 09-07-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looked at his FB

and it reaffirmed how happy i am to be free from him!

I left him one year and four months ago and let me tell you, it has been one of the best decisions I have made for myself recently.

He is clean, working, and has found god; good for him! I hope it works out this time around. I am happy that he is managing and is healthier than he was when I left him. Unfortunately I could see from his posts that he still struggles with narcissism and meanness...and he still writes terrible poetry, and music...glad my ears will never have endure that agony again.

Seriously, i kind of feel like this cute little dancing smiley face right now
Old 09-07-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

..and he still writes terrible poetry, and music...glad my ears will never have endure that agony again.
Lol. Good for you, clearly you made the right decision.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey To Me

It is good to feel so reassured isn't it? I am happy for you. I too have left my husband. It’s been about a year for me. During that year he had been in and out of hospitals until one day he got scared because he said he wasn't able to urinate, felt dizzy, and then the next thing he knew he woke up in the middle of the kitchen floor without any recollection of what happened. He called EMS for himself, and spent a week in ICU. He has since went into rehab, cleaned up, and has recently stated on his Facebook that he has just past his 90-days.

Sure this past year I have had up and downs, as I am sure you or anyone that goes through this have, but I am confident that this was the right decision for me. I am having fun discovering who I am for the first time, and what I want in my life. Keep dancing, my friend.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

he still writes terrible poetry, and music...glad my ears will never have endure that agony again.

Thank you for that -- it reminded me that I also never again have to stroke the ego of someone whose opinion of himself and his "art" is way overblown...
Old 09-08-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Me too!!! While my XAH is very talented, his ego is MUCH bigger than any talent he has. It's no longer my business, thank goodness!

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post

Thank you for that -- it reminded me that I also never again have to stroke the ego of someone whose opinion of himself and his "art" is way overblown...